1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2019, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Can I make Nav auto dim?

The 2019 Armada Platinum is very different from the Toyota High Lander I traded in and I canít figure out some things that should be simple. First, when the headlights come on, the Navigation screen doesnít dim and it decreases my vision outside. I found that I can touch the Day/Night option and it will dim or brighten but I donít want to do that every night or day! I donít see an option to make dim when the lights come on. Is that option on there somewhere?

Second, I finally found the outside temperature display next to the speedometer but I want it to show on the Navigation screen. Is this an option?

If I can get some things working like Iím used to I will be more happy.

Iím pretty sure I have made an expensive mistake!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2019, 05:22 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Garage
I'm not sure about the newer ones but on our 2011 it's all in the settings in the navigation screen. Comfort and convenience?
Stupid question but did you look through the manual?

Paul

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2019, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

I have read the whole manual twice and it tells nothing about how to see the outside temperature display on the screen or automatically dim. There are several things that I have not figured out yet that were easy on our other two cars. I havenít given up yet. Are you saying yours shows the temperature on the Navigation screen and also automatically dims? If so, then surely mine will too. Also, does your book show how to make the doors unlock when you place the shift into Park and lock the doors when you shift into Drive? If so, tell me how you do yours and maybe it will work on mine. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2019, 08:56 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)

temp can only be displayed on the center info screen behind steering wheel.

display will dim when headlights turn on. its in settings.

factory state: doors lock when car is in D and above a certain RPM. will not unlock automatically. if you want the ability to unlock doors when shift to P, thats a feature the can be added at the dealer. they will need to use their CONSULT software to make this change. i have my car set to this way.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Thanks guys. I read everything I could find about this car and an Infinity before I traded for it and thought it had all the things I wanted, and it has most. I think the two things that Iím most disappointed in is the ride is not nearly as smooth on rough roads as the Toyota HL and the Lane Keep works by applying the brakes on one side to try to keep it in the road but does a poor job of that. I thought it would work like my GMC pickup and turn the steering wheel which I think is the greatest invention of all. But the Armada does do a better job of stopping before hitting the car ahead! Three years from now we wonít even remember. Smile
Old 03-26-2019, 08:23 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)

The nanny features like lane assist or whatever its called will apply brakes as you said on the opposite side, but if memory serves me, the steering wheel will actually “jerk back” (lack of a better term ) if you continue to move into the other lane. This is on my 2012 qx. I dont use the nanny features often )because I’m usually driving “spiritedly” and the nanny features will of course try to intervene.. ) but when i first bought the car (had it since birth) I would use them and i was testing these features....
Old 04-18-2019, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Using everyoneís suggestions and playing with the screen I have learned to do some things. For example, the day/night button for the screen is found by pressing the camera button! And, as yíall said, it does dim when the lights come on and even with the screen brightness set to the lowest level is still brighter than I like. Seems everything on the Armada is opposite to GM.

Iíve even learned to use the smart cruise and really like it. I wish I could set all that stuff and it would still be set the next time I drive it. But thatís that.
Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Lee View Post
Thanks guys. I read everything I could find about this car and an Infinity before I traded for it and thought it had all the things I wanted, and it has most. I think the two things that Iím most disappointed in is the ride is not nearly as smooth on rough roads as the Toyota HL and the Lane Keep works by applying the brakes on one side to try to keep it in the road but does a poor job of that. I thought it would work like my GMC pickup and turn the steering wheel which I think is the greatest invention of all. But the Armada does do a better job of stopping before hitting the car ahead! Three years from now we wonít even remember. Smile
I didn't care for Nissan's lane keep assist by braking but I think it works OK. I'm not sure how GMC tech does theirs (haven't googled it yet) but if Nissan had to implement a similar technology on the truck, it'd have to be an electric steering (a.k.a. DAS). It's likeability rating to owners I would say is 50-50. But if put on the truck, I'd guess it'll get as much hate as with the CVT lol! But I know auto industry is headed in that (autonomous) direction anyway, no exception.

With regards to suspension, I know this can be subjective but my Q50 rides better (and more quiet) over certain bumps / roughness on the road despite having a sport suspension, smaller wheels and less rubber. Granted the Q50 has 'adaptive' suspension so that probably helps at lot. And I'm not talking about off-road condition here lol, just regular road imperfections, expansion joints, etc. For driving over potholes, especially huge ones, ride is definitely better on the Armada without question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Lee View Post
Using everyoneís suggestions and playing with the screen I have learned to do some things. For example, the day/night button for the screen is found by pressing the camera button! And, as yíall said, it does dim when the lights come on and even with the screen brightness set to the lowest level is still brighter than I like. Seems everything on the Armada is opposite to GM.

Iíve even learned to use the smart cruise and really like it. I wish I could set all that stuff and it would still be set the next time I drive it. But thatís that.
I believe the display will auto dim depending on the ambient light as long as the light switch in the stalk is not in OFF position.

These Nissan nanny techs are actually good. I personally like the emergency braking.
Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadaY62 View Post
With regards to suspension, I know this can be subjective but my Q50 rides better (and more quiet) over certain bumps / roughness on the road despite having a sport suspension, smaller wheels and less rubber. Granted the Q50 has 'adaptive' suspension so that probably helps at lot. And I'm not talking about off-road condition here lol, just regular road imperfections, expansion joints, etc. For driving over potholes, especially huge ones, ride is definitely better on the Armada without question.
If I remember correctly, the Q50 is a crossover based on a passenger car, the G37 if I've kept everything straight over the years. So stands to reason it will ride and handle better, and likely be quieter, than a body on frame truck-based SUV that the Armada / QX56 or QX80 is.

Keith

- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfamily View Post
If I remember correctly, the Q50 is a crossover based on a passenger car, the G37 if I've kept everything straight over the years. So stands to reason it will ride and handle better, and likely be quieter, than a body on frame truck-based SUV that the Armada / QX56 or QX80 is.

Keith
Ah, you must be referring to QX50. It's all Johan de Nysschen's fault Not surprising since he came from Audi.

I was referring to the Q50 sedan (i know it's hard to believe). Picture is here: https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/29...tml#post573887