Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
With regards to suspension, I know this can be subjective but my Q50 rides better (and more quiet) over certain bumps / roughness on the road despite having a sport suspension, smaller wheels and less rubber. Granted the Q50 has 'adaptive' suspension so that probably helps at lot. And I'm not talking about off-road condition here lol, just regular road imperfections, expansion joints, etc. For driving over potholes, especially huge ones, ride is definitely better on the Armada without question.
If I remember correctly, the Q50 is a crossover based on a passenger car, the G37 if I've kept everything straight over the years. So stands to reason it will ride and handle better, and likely be quieter, than a body on frame truck-based SUV that the Armada / QX56 or QX80 is.
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author