7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Jumpy transmission

Has anyone noticed the transmission is a bit jumpy? I know I posted earlier on transmission question but this is different. When starting off the needle is jumping up and down and you certainly can feel it. Seems like a software update needs to be done. Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 10:14 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 54 Post(s)

The only thing that I've noticed is that it seems to shift a little aggressive / too-soon. Otherwise, mine has been very smooth.
...Rev
post #3 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 06:45 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)

if you are coasting then press on the accelerator and the rpms RAMP up and then settle (like a slipping clutch) than thats converter lockup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Nope, not coasting. This is happening while I am accelerating. It hits about 2000 rpm and then jumps down to 1000 and then goes up and down between 1000 and 1500. I called my local dealer and they want me to do a test ride with a technician. Hope its nothing major and just a software adjustment.
post #5 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 12:07 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly5 View Post
Has anyone noticed the transmission is a bit jumpy? I know I posted earlier on transmission question but this is different. When starting off the needle is jumping up and down and you certainly can feel it. Seems like a software update needs to be done. Anyone else?
Not sure about it being jumpy, I agree with needing a software update. I feel like its almost a combination of transmission signal for the cruise issue as well as detuning engine for 87 octane is affecting the engine's acceleration.

On mine, the transmission seems to be hunting for gears, REALLY bad if you are cruising between 40-60 mph in my case. It seems as the trans is in 7th gear and with any kind of light or part throttle, just to pass traffic of even to maintain speed, the RPM fluctuates and the SUV barely accelerates.

And then accelerating overall for mine just seems like the engine revs hesitates and don't climb linearly/smoothly as it should. You see the RPMs rev smoothly and SUV accelerate well for a couple hundred RPMs and then can feel the stall or lag and it'll pick up again.
post #6 of 139 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 02:38 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

We have the same issue. Light throttle, 1200rpm, transmission will bump and if you stay light on the throttle and let it malfunction, it will cause the check engine to flash (4 times?).

First trip to dealer they could not replicate it and no codes were stored. I'll be taking it back in soon.

They'd better figure it out, or we'll be trading it in on a Lexus. Made the jump to Nissan because the Armada was so promising.... regretting it already. Seriously, my wife loved it at first, now she says she basically hates it.

I'm not this irrational... My Titan xd has some driving issues, transmission and torque management, but im willing to work through them with Nissan. If they dont figure it out though, I'll be gone too.

I'm seriously disssapointed so far. The last 10yrs I was in a Toyota, and the last 8yrs she was in a Lexus. Only a couple minor issues that were taken care of immediately. (CD player and paint issue)
We've got seemingly bigger issues within a month of ownership with Nissan... Yikes!

Last edited by fifthcircle; 12-04-2016 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Didn't post words, just numbers and symbols.
post #7 of 139 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 06:46 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Nobody else seems to have the exact same issue you have (CEL?). Thinking this is a one off issue. What are your other issues you are experiencing?

BTW, have you driven an Infiniti 7sp before? They all act like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
We have the same issue. Light throttle, 1200rpm, transmission will bump and if you stay light on the throttle and let it malfunction, it will cause the check engine to flash (4 times?).

First trip to dealer they could not replicate it and no codes were stored. I'll be taking it back in soon.

They'd better figure it out, or we'll be trading it in on a Lexus. Made the jump to Nissan because the Armada was so promising.... regretting it already. Seriously, my wife loved it at first, now she says she basically hates it.

I'm not this irrational... My Titan xd has some driving issues, transmission and torque management, but im willing to work through them with Nissan. If they dont figure it out though, I'll be gone too.

I'm seriously disssapointed so far. The last 10yrs I was in a Toyota, and the last 8yrs she was in a Lexus. Only a couple minor issues that were taken care of immediately. (CD player and paint issue)
We've got seemingly bigger issues within a month of ownership with Nissan... Yikes!

Last edited by Ex35; 12-04-2016 at 06:50 PM.
post #8 of 139 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

I think your problem may be a bit different. I do not have the check engine light coming on. RPM's just jump around a bit in the 1000-1500 range. The power loss is rather annoying though.
Either way this thing needs some updating. Definitely not a smooth transmission.
post #9 of 139 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 04:11 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

That's good and bad news. LOL

We get the rpm jumping, and that was the first complaint from my wife...minor annoyance. Then, seemingly related, the trans will thump during that rpm fluctuation. If it does it enough, it'll flash the CEL.

We never drove the infinity. If we were looking in that price range, I would've been more interested in the Land Cruiser (Toyota fan boy). That's why I was really excited that Nissan brought the Patrol in as an Armada in the more competitive price point.
Apparently my searching before buying wasn't very good. I didn't see anyone talking about issues with the 7spd??

Last edited by fifthcircle; 12-05-2016 at 04:16 PM.
post #10 of 139 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 12:35 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Grizzly5 I can confirm that I have experienced the same issue you are facing. It doesnt happen all the time though. I also feel the sudden loss of power for a few seconds and then I have to step on it to get the transmissions brain back. It is a rather annoying problem. Hopefully its just a software issue.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode