[2017] Platinum Armada-- Seat cooling & steering wheel alignment - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

[2017] Platinum Armada-- Seat cooling & steering wheel alignment

Hey all,

I picked up a 2017 Platinum Armada (White with Black interior) and it has two things bugging me.

Was hoping you all can help me out.

First thing is the cooled seat feature or lack thereof. The fans are working in seats and its on and it just simply does NOT cool the seats at all. Brought it to dealer and they are adamant it IS working.

To be clear how inefficient the cooled feature works, you can be naked and it still not feel it!!

Can i get some feedback from other owners of the 2017 Armada and let me know how your seats are working as far as the cooling feature is working?

During this same visit to check the seat cooling I wanted them to align the steering wheel. When I bought it , it was crooked to the right about 30 degrees, drove it with dealer and they agreed and fixed it. They drove the car 25 miles to deliver it back to me after repairs and now the steering wheel is off about 20 degrees to the left.

Its not the crown in the road either I have checked it in middle lane etc.

It doesn't seem like a big deal, but I can't unsee the crooked steering wheel and its driving me bananas.

Considering taking it to different Nissan dealer as these seems like issues I shouldn't have.

Thanks in advance for any help or feedback you may provide.

By the way I am in the Hartford CT area if any of you recommend a specific dealer for service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 08:40 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)

1. Do you have heated seats too? I think so as the system that cools the seats also heats them. Does the heat work ok on the seats?

The cooled seats feature is working fine from what it sounds like. Its not going to freeze your bum off. Also body type, if you are hot natured, etc also play a part in how efficient the cooling is, but since i have a 12 qx which this car is mostly based off of, the cool seats is mostly a "lukecool" feel.. not going to be cold. AND its not designed to stay turned on for long periods. After 10 minutes or less, the "cool"-ness will just turn into the same temp as what's in the cabin for the most part. This should be stated in your operators manual.

You can go to the Nissan showroom and sit in another Nissan to verify.

The steering wheel should be straight. Take it to another Nissan dealer. No excuse.

Last edited by marctronixx; 08-01-2017 at 08:43 AM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

I have heated seats and they work perfectly fine.

The cooled seats are useless.

Im going to have a nissan rep check them out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 10:22 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum Sav426!

I checked my wife's Mada and the cooled seat option. The seats are cool but it's not as strong as the A/C vents. You can feel it slightly and not full blast cold air. It's very similar to my old FX35 I had several years ago.

As for wheel/alignment, her Mada is straight and no issues with pulling from one side or the other. You probably need to get this checked and fixed.

We did have issue with the wheel finish. It was peeling in several spots. The dealership replaced the wheels for us with new ones.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranfx35 View Post
Welcome to the forum Sav426!

I checked my wife's Mada and the cooled seat option. The seats are cool but it's not as strong as the A/C vents. You can feel it slightly and not full blast cold air. It's very similar to my old FX35 I had several years ago.

As for wheel/alignment, her Mada is straight and no issues with pulling from one side or the other. You probably need to get this checked and fixed.

We did have issue with the wheel finish. It was peeling in several spots. The dealership replaced the wheels for us with new ones.
Im bringing it in.

Its more of nuisance than anything.

I'm going to get it worked out.

My "cooled" seats literally would not cool a naked butt!

HA
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 09:58 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 54 Post(s)

Frankly, I believe the "Cooled Seats" capability is really just blowing a little fresh air through the seats possibly adding a little cooling effect if your car has been sitting in the sun. I really think calling it "cooled" is a misnomer.

...Rev
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 08:47 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)

Rev, I agree with you.

The manual even states it not meant to be left on for log periods. If your backside is warm once you get into the car and turn this on, there is some brief cold air for about 5 minutes ish but then it tapers off to ambient cabin temp....

By the by Rev, photobucket have changed their rules by hotlinking photos off their site, hence why your signature photo my not be showing up properly...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 06:47 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 54 Post(s)

marctronixx, Thanks for the note about photobucket. I deleted my signature.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 05:54 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Mine cool just fine. Feels like I peed my pants sort of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 02:25 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

My cooled seats are weak as well. Also my steering wheel was offset when I picked up my vehicle. I made them fix it and align it dead center. I would go back and tell them you want it centered. Its truly annoying so bug them
And get it resolved.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode