17 armada -- researching remote starts - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

17 armada -- researching remote starts

Hello all we have a 17 armada sv w/drivers package seen a couple remote start kits on line that say they are nissan parts and will work after the fob is programmed or should we get an aftermarket package if so witch are the better ones hopefully somebody has an answer my dealer is no help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 09:28 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)

Hello.

Difficult to understand your question since there's not much punctuation, but are you asking what type of remoter start to get?

There are a few aftermarket systems you can get if you want more functionality over the stock Nissan system.

What programming, extra fobs are needed, etc. is determined by the brand and model of kit you get.

If you stick with Nissan, there is no need for a hidden fob in the car, or other things. Nissan will just program your car.

If you have a local car shop, just ask them. You can also ask Best Buy. They do these as well. Its not a difficult option to install.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 03:36 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royster View Post
Hello all we have a 17 armada sv w/drivers package seen a couple remote start kits on line that say they are nissan parts and will work after the fob is programmed or should we get an aftermarket package if so witch are the better ones hopefully somebody has an answer my dealer is no help

Any new news on this topic? Iím about to buy a Ď18 SV and plan to have the dealer install the factory remote start so I can keep it all Nissan parts. Itís very difficult to get a straight answer from the dealership as they are trying to push me into a Ď17 SL that already has it installed. But for the extra $5k I donít think itís worth the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 04:27 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)

you get more bang from your buck if you go aftermarket and possibly for less cash. search your local custom radio shops.

remote starts are super easy to integrate into cars.
also be aware nissan don't make these components, they are built from an OEM vendor, just like they didn't make the tires on your car or the air filter in your engine, so dont worry about trying to keep it "all nissan"...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 04:30 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
you get more bang from your buck if you go aftermarket and possibly for less cash. search your local custom radio shops.

remote starts are super easy to integrate into cars.
also be aware nissan don't make these components, they are built from an OEM vendor, just like they didn't make the tires on your car or the air filter in your engine, so dont worry about trying to keep it "all nissan"...

Thanks for the tip. I didnít think about it not being branded by Nissan and was think more integrated, like using OEM key fob. Unfortunately I live in a very small town in eastern NM so I have to drive about an hour and a half to find a shop worth having work done at. After the local install of a stereo I cannot take a new car to these morons. Iíll keep searching the web and see what will work best and be easily installed. Thanks.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstevo85 View Post
Any new news on this topic? Iím about to buy a Ď18 SV and plan to have the dealer install the factory remote start so I can keep it all Nissan parts. Itís very difficult to get a straight answer from the dealership as they are trying to push me into a Ď17 SL that already has it installed. But for the extra $5k I donít think itís worth the price.

We went to Best Buy remote with drone start 400.00 dealer said the would not do it. It works great wife says
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 07:10 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
We went to Best Buy remote with drone start 400.00 dealer said the would not do it. It works great wife says

Awesome. That should be easy to get done if we schedule it ahead of time.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 10:12 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:

Does the drone mobile system allow you to start the car with you OEM key fob? Or are you only using your smartphone? I was doing a little online surfing and thought I would ask?

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstevo85 View Post
Does the drone mobile system allow you to start the car with you OEM key fob? Or are you only using your smartphone? I was doing a little online surfing and thought I would ask?

She likes the phone but you can use Oem or fob that comes with it but there only good for about 100 yards give or take. We were very happy with the install works great,only had it 4 months.
imstevo85 likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 10:56 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
She likes the phone but you can use Oem or fob that comes with it but there only good for about 100 yards give or take. We were very happy with the install works great,only had it 4 months.

Thanks, I just really wanna be able to use the OEM remote. The smartphone thing would be awesome for when Iím getting outta the shower and want the car to be warm before I get in, and with the phone I could do that from my bedroom vs. walking downstairs and grabbing the keys and all. I think this may be the route we go.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode