bench seat or captains' chairs for the second row? - Page 3 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 07:18 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_QX80 View Post
I have 4 kids and wanted them to have access to the rear without fumbling with the seats.

So I got the captains chair option and and then I remove the center console. It's only 4 screws and 4 bolts.

The Nissan sells a center floor mat that lock into the floor mat clips and hides the bolt holes in the original carpet.
With 4 kids its a no brainer for sure since you need the 3rd row for permanent seating.

2018 Nissan Armada 4WD Platinum Reserve
2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
2010 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 12:19 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubyu View Post
With 4 kids its a no brainer for sure since you need the 3rd row for permanent seating.
Tell me about it.
frank10 likes this.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 04:02 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

We have 3 kids and it was surprisingly a pain to locate a 2018 Platinum with a bench. Finally found one. We had 3 car seats in a row in our old 08 model, now down to just 1 car seat. It's much easier to load up on the bench than to deal with folding the seats to get to the back. Plus I like the utility of tossing sports bags in the back. Really only bring up the third row for long road trips, or if kids have friends with them.
Plus, there's so much room with all seats folded that you lose with that center console on the captain's chairs. Speaking of that, my only complaint so far of the 2018 vs our old 2008 is that the seats don't actually fold completely flat. The 18 seats have a slope to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 06:12 PM
Jon
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I've had both my 08 had a bench and my 14 has the captains chairs. Both have their advantages I like the look of captains chairs, but I miss having the extra seat. and have been looking for a bench to put in when I go on vacation next year.
I have 4 kids so like said before I just took the center console out so my older two can walk to the back. I wish the middle seat would just bolt in the center without any real problems so I could just take it in and out when needed.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 12:35 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
I've had both my 08 had a bench and my 14 has the captains chairs. Both have their advantages I like the look of captains chairs, but I miss having the extra seat. and have been looking for a bench to put in when I go on vacation next year.

I have 4 kids so like said before I just took the center console out so my older two can walk to the back. I wish the middle seat would just bolt in the center without any real problems so I could just take it in and out when needed.

I totally agree. And would absolutely buy a bolt on center seat to replace the console between the captains chairs. I have 3 kids so there are many times that Id like to have all 3 in the middle so I can fold down the 3rd row for more storage like when we go shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 06:15 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

While the captains chairs and console look swanky I opted for the bench for utilitarian purposes. Having both back rows fold (mostly) flat is key for me since I do use it as a truck, carry large items and I take long road trips in.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:03 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I am taking delivery of my 2019 SL Armada this afternoon. I bought it over the phone basically, and my wife was determined to get the captain's chairs. Does anyone know, is the 2nd row center console removable? I have googled it and came up empty handed.

2019 Armada SL - Pearl White
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:40 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_asu View Post
I am taking delivery of my 2019 SL Armada this afternoon. I bought it over the phone basically, and my wife was determined to get the captain's chairs. Does anyone know, is the 2nd row center console removable? I have googled it and came up empty handed.
Yes it comes out. Nissan even sells a floor mat to cover the bolt holes for a cleaner look. I guess removing it is common enough to justify the accessory.
austin_asu and MyTruck like this.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 01:30 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_asu View Post
2nd row console is removable, in fact Nissan provides you with the tools needed to remove it located with your spare tire change kit. A T40 bit and a 10mm or 12mm wrench is all that's need. I removed mine and put the specific floormat for it last year. I think I posted the process in one of the topics but I can remember where. There are 4 T40 bolts that hold the console to the mounting bracket. There are 4 10mm or 12mm bolts that hold the bracket to the floor. Flip the 2nd row seats up to make it easier.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 02:32 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Yes it comes out. Nissan even sells a floor mat to cover the bolt holes for a cleaner look. I guess removing it is common enough to justify the accessory.
Well, the dealer pulled the bait and switch on me yesterday. Agreed I was eligible for several incentives and made it all the way through finance department before it was realized I was not.

Ended up buying a 2019 Triple White Pearl SL with camel leather and a bench seat. I do appreciate the information though, fellas.

2019 Armada SL - Pearl White

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode