Missing "Sonar System Off" Button - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bster
  • 1 Post By marctronixx
  • 1 Post By elmatador

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Missing "Sonar System Off" Button

Just curious if anyone else has noticed that the "Sonar System Off" switch described in the owners manual on page 5-135, is missing in their vehicle?
It shows it being on the lower left panel. I have a 17 Platinum, so I assume it would have all the options available and when snow and ice accumulates on the bumpers, it sets off the sonar. I had a 13 Armada and the cancel button was on the lower left dash panel as well and was easy to turn off. My 17 doesn't have that button and you can only access the sonar settings through the camera settings. A bit of a pain when you are driving and the alarm goes off.
Just curious if this is a button that doesn't actually exist in the 17's or am I just missing it?????
frank10 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 10:46 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)

The button is not on the new Qx so it makes sense the new armada doesn’t have it either.

The armada operators manual may have some of the pages held over from the previous model year.

You have to acces the on screen controls to disable those settings.

As an example ,

On the new qx, the 2011s had a switch to manually adjust the headlamps. That switch was removed in later models because Nissan made it auto leveling.

My point is the manual may be a bit stale on some things.

Pretty sure its not there on purpose.
frank10 likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 01:36 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

when your sonar is going nuts due to ice build up just hit the settings button on the display. Then you will see the option to disable the sonar. I have a 17 platinum and run into this every winter. You can test is at home in your garage when the sonar is sounding you should see settings on the display. Take it from there.
frank10 likes this.