2018 Nissan Armada Mountain Patrol. Do you like it? - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

2018 Nissan Armada Mountain Patrol. Do you like it?

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 05-18-2018 at 05:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

What do you guys think about it? Seems Nissan built it for the 2018 overlandexpo happening this weekend in Flagstaff, Arizona. May 18 to May 20, 2018.

I do admire this but I think 6 inch is too tall for me. I would like a 3 inch lift. And I do not like the tire carrier. It is needs to get closer to the body of the car. So I believe Nissan should use a different bumper for the rear and not the current one.

What do you guys think this truck may cost as it stands AS IS in this picture?

I think this truck as it stands with all the modifications, accessories, including labor and taxes, I guess this truck may cost $80,000 to $100,000 as it stands in these pictures. What do you guys think it may cost as it stands like this?

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

This is a thread and pictures of a Nissan Patrol that I wish Nissan could build theirs to look like this. If I had a Armada and wanted to mod it, I would love it to look like this. Perfect look for me.

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissa...arrier-180770/

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

I just spent some time reading more about the build and who built this car. This is what I found out and I called the company and spoke with a sales guy there who was helpful though in a rush to get on the freeway to drive to Flagstaff, AZ to see the Armada they build.

The lift is build by calmini.

https://www.calmini.com/detail.php?b...&t=1&p=1273&n=

This 2018 Armada has the 6 inch from Calmini which costs $1,989.95 plus $225 shipping charge. This kit does not come with a new upper control arm.

I spoke to the guy and said I do not like a 6 inch and asked if they had a 2, 3 or 4 inch lift kit? He told me they just made a 3 inch lift kit since they figured not everybody will want 6 inch lift. So, they have a 3 inch lift kit which is not listed yet on their website.

He told me the 3 inch lift kit will cost $1,189.95 plus a $225 shipping charge. And this kit comes with a new upper control arm.

He told me also that they make the front bumper and it will be available for sale. I did not get the price of this and it is not yet listed on their website. He also said they will be making and selling the rock sliders in the picture above.

He told me the rear bumper was very hard to build as they had to cut half of the plastic bumper to keep the rear sensors on. He told me that at this time, they will not be making a rear bumper because of the complications involved in cutting half of the bumper before installing the new bumper they built for the Armada in the pictures above.

He told me the car they used is a Armada with the auto leveling system and he says their lift kit works ok with the system and the system is still functional.

I was going to ask him if the 3 inch lift kit and the rock sliders will fit on a 2012 Infiniti QX56. But I did not get the chance to get that question out, but my guess is that it shout fit since the suspension is the same for both cars.

Well, he told me for more questions, feel free to email them at [email protected].

I just wanted to share this info. If anybody gets more info about this lift and wishes to share, please share in this thread. I personally would love a 3 inch lift kit and get some 35s on my QX. If this will not mess with the HBMC system.
beersandmeatloaf likes this.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 09:17 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

This is great info! I’ll be keeping an eye on what calmini comes up with for their 3” lift. Thanks!

The rear bumper is not as vital for me at the time. I wonder how they got around disabling the forward radar system on the concept to accommodate the winch.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 11:54 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)

It's nice to see some sort of lift for the new armada. The only thing is suspension options. There seem to be a lack of good ones.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
predator bar likes this.

'04 LE
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 12:18 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

I just watched the video and it's disappointing that they didn't upgrade the rear suspension . They went the easy route and kept it stock. With a 6 inch lift the air bags is pretty fully extended. I had that setup with my armada before and after so many trips the bags can't keep up. That setup isn't for the mpg concern folks. Lol... That bumper is heavy. I rather preferred my custom setup. Keep it light. Here a couple picture of mine with the 6 inch lift sitting next to all them titans.

'04 LE
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 12:22 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Close up of my bumper.

'04 LE
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 12:13 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I'm a fan of the ARB Sahara bar myself--like posted on the black-rimmed Patrol above (especially colour-matched). I wonder if it would fit on the Armada? I believe the grille is different (theres more of a dip on the Armada).
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 07:34 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Why reinvent the wheel? The Y62 has been extensively modified in Aus & the ME... ARB has extensive options...

Don't think much of the build. I wish they just would have offered us Patrol options if they were going to be serious about off-roading... No locking diffs, etc..