It pays to look at the details - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Administrator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

It pays to look at the details

Yesterday I decided to purchase an external back up drive for my computers. I was on my way to Best Buy and thought I would check out Walmart since it was on the way.
Walmart had two stacks of Seagate GoFlex 2TB USB3 systems, one stack was marked $139.95 and her other was marked $89.00. I checked the tags and the SKU number on the $89.00 tag matched the one on the box of the drive.
When I went to check out the price came up as $139.95. I told the clerk that the tag was marked $89.00, and insisted that my cost should be $89.00. So after going through three clerks/manager, they let me have it for the $89.00 price. ( They quickly removed the $89.00 price tag).
Best Buy also had the same unit at $139.95.
$50.00 off the price! It pays to look closely!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 12:39 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Garage
Very Nice! It pays to stay alert.

Don - 2005 Armada SE 4x4 - PGM 90mm Throttle Body, JBA LT headers, Cajun Catted B-pipes, Borla Duel SS Cat-Back, UpRev, Injen CAI, 6" Pro Comp Lift, Ballistic Jesters, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Train Horn, lights, sirens

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 01:06 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Great find

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

2012 Titan PRO4X S&B cai, 2* Advance Timing, 6500k HID, 1000w sub with 500w rms amp, 18" XD RockStars with 33" BF Trails, BD GT, Volant Double Exhaust,
LED interior,
------------ROB-------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 02:42 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Good stuff scr38!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 02:50 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)

Dont you just love walmart workers sometimes! i think they are the ones who give us consumers the best prices even when they don't mean to. LOL... NICE find scr38

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 07:57 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

TB's of storage now. Incredible. In 1990 I started out with a 20MB hard drive and a 2400 baud modem.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
'07 LE 4x4, Injen PowerFlow intake, SuperChips tuned, Borla dual exhaust, Bilstein struts, Michelin LTX MS2's, PowerSlot slotted rotors/Akebono pads, Goodridge SS brake lines, KMC-XD Monster rims, Viper remote start.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Administrator

Quoted: 95 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchjts1 View Post
TB's of storage now. Incredible. In 1990 I started out with a 20MB hard drive and a 2400 baud modem.
My first computer was a Radio Shack TRS-80. It came with 4K of ram, no hard drive and a 4 Mhz Z80 processor. You could get a external hard drive, a very large 5 M unit for about $4500.00. When I could afford it I upgraded to 16K ram (cost $110.00). I thought I could never use all that memory!
This computer has 8 gig ram, plus the video ram, 1 TB internal drive and 2 TB external and a quad core processor.
All of you are probably too young to remember when 640 K ram was the maximum on the old DOS machines.
I have worked my way through Basic, CPM, all the versions of DOS and all versions of Windows, now running Windows 7.
Of course, as soon as I finish building a new computer it is already outdated!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 02:49 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr38 View Post
My first computer was a Radio Shack TRS-80. It came with 4K of ram, no hard drive and a 4 Mhz Z80 processor. You could get a external hard drive, a very large 5 M unit for about $4500.00. When I could afford it I upgraded to 16K ram (cost $110.00). I thought I could never use all that memory!
This computer has 8 gig ram, plus the video ram, 1 TB internal drive and 2 TB external and a quad core processor.
All of you are probably too young to remember when 640 K ram was the maximum on the old DOS machines.
I have worked my way through Basic, CPM, all the versions of DOS and all versions of Windows, now running Windows 7.
Of course, as soon as I finish building a new computer it is already outdated!
I remember when you had to load the operating system via the big 9' floppy disk and then the program. I though I was the shiggity with my 386. It used to take up an entire server room to do what my laptop does now. Crazy, but I love the advancements of technology!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 09:33 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr38 View Post
My first computer was a Radio Shack TRS-80.
That's funny... I had that same one. Played with it for about 2 days then took it back because I had no clue what to do. It was my first computer and I thought - I'll never get the hang of this.

I guess that was 1986 or 87. Today... I am a Senior Systems Engineer. lol.

I think what really spurred my learning ,was that I brought up a WWIV BBS around 1990 when I lived in Alaska. For those that don't know what a BBS is... they were basically the internet, before today's modern internet. You could call the BBS from your modem, log in and leave messages on forums, e-mails between users, and play some games with very crude graphics. Trade Wars was one of my favorites. Ran that BBS on an overclocked 286 system.

BTW, the GoFlex external storage drive you mention in your first post, is on sale at BestBuy for Black Friday... $99 for the USB3 4TB model.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
'07 LE 4x4, Injen PowerFlow intake, SuperChips tuned, Borla dual exhaust, Bilstein struts, Michelin LTX MS2's, PowerSlot slotted rotors/Akebono pads, Goodridge SS brake lines, KMC-XD Monster rims, Viper remote start.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode