User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Preferred Tool Brand

Is anyone here a fan of Snap On tools? Most of my current tools are and I have an opportunity to purchase more at about 50% off of list price directly from Snap On.

It's a great deal and I will most likely take advantage of this opportunity to supplement my tool box. Just wondering what others here use.

I just passed my ASE tests and am and will be using these tools daily.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone
Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06 SE 4WD Red Brawn, Leather, Tow Package, 2* timing, Borla dual exhaust, Injen cai, 4300k hid, Hyper Grounding Wire, Bilstein 5100s, PRG Mini Lift, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Second row bench changed to captains chairs and Console,Hunter Bull Bar, Nitto Terra Grappler 325/60/18.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 10:03 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Congrats on becoming certified! I have been a professional tech for 28 years and will tell you there is no substitute for a quality tool if you are going to use them everyday! Snap on is the best without question.......however usually are the most expensive.....Mac, Matco,Cornwell are also great tool companies. My advise to a young tech is this...find a tool guy you can build a great relationship with as you WILL need him for warranty no matter which brand tool you buy.....buy from the guy who doesn't give you trouble about getting a socket replaced! BTW whether you know it or not ALL tool prices on the truck are negotiable! If your guy won't deal get another guy
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 12:41 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)

Congrats on the cert. this is funny, i was thinking about posting a thread about tools also. growing up with family that are in the body shop/mechanic industry, i always wanted snap on. snap on bring good memories due to the CALENDARS! LOL. The good old days when shops can hang HOT snap on model calendar. Snap on is expensive so most of my tools and dad's tools are craftsman. =/

I dont mean to hi-jack this thread (dont want to create another) but i am looking to replace my tools (limitied collection =/ )slowly. Can you guys post pics of your tools and your garage setups? I want see how you guys have your setup with tool boxes, how your tools are setup in the drawers, what are the 'necessary' and the 'nice' to have (i know its preference). I just need some ideas of home shop setups.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 01:38 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I'm a big fan of Snap-On, but also use Mac & Craftsman, started my collection when working in a body shop right out of high school & into college. Still have most of them today, more than 30 years later. Buy good tools to start with then you won't have to replace them. DON'T lend them out!! It's great to be able to go to my shop & always have the tools I need. My wife hates when I get near a tool dept.
Congrats on the certificates!!

Jerry's 06 SE off road
07+ Intake, Injen CAI, JBA long tubes, Gibson Cat Back, UpRev tuned, 08 caliper kit w/ Frozen/Slotted Rotors, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Stillen 2-row/aluminum Radiator, PML pan, TransGo shift kit, 2" PRG lift, Bilstein 5100s, 20" Fuel Pump w/295/60/20 Terra Graps, 4ga. Grounding Kit, LEDs & HIDs, Kenwood DNX-9960 Alpine PDX amps, Kef separates,
(2) underseat
subs w/Kenwood 10' slims, Twin Stinger Batteries, remote start & protection by Python

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 07:45 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

+1

I am 90% Snap-On

2008 Armada SE
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the congrats everyone. I have always enjoyed working on vehicles. Worked in the medical field for the last 20 years but it is a very unstable career and has been for the last couple of years. I decided to go back to school and do something which I have always enjoyed. It was well worth it.

As stated by other members, the better tools make all the difference when using them every day.

The parts discount is a great benefit as well!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone
Scott

06 SE 4WD Red Brawn, Leather, Tow Package, 2* timing, Borla dual exhaust, Injen cai, 4300k hid, Hyper Grounding Wire, Bilstein 5100s, PRG Mini Lift, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Second row bench changed to captains chairs and Console,Hunter Bull Bar, Nitto Terra Grappler 325/60/18.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode