Favorite inexpensive hand gun - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)

Favorite inexpensive hand gun

Alright so I've purchased a Mossberg plinkster for the wife, first time shooter, and I have a savage 30-06 for myself, but I've been considering picking up a hand gun. What are some peoples favorites, that don't break the bank, and why you like them?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 08:06 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)

Check out rock island arms 1911.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 09:07 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Garage
Bursa Thunder if you have a CCW. A lot depends on what you are planning to use it for.

Don - 2005 Armada SE 4x4 - PGM 90mm Throttle Body, JBA LT headers, Cajun Catted B-pipes, Borla Duel SS Cat-Back, UpRev, Injen CAI, 6" Pro Comp Lift, Ballistic Jesters, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Train Horn, lights, sirens

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 09:25 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

I will be watching this thread.

I don't own a gun and I need one that packs a good punch and is not too expensive. Would buy to keep at home for if I ever have a break-in that I will need to use deadly force to protect myself. There are really some crazy people out there these days.

Have you looked into the Glocks? Someone had told me to look into that before. Just haven't narrowed my search to any particular one.

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 07-21-2013 at 01:57 PM.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 01:24 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've fired allot of guns in my life, from handguns to rifles. A inexpensive handgun for a someone who doesn't want to spend allot, right off would be a Glock, it's idiot proof and works great. Good luck

post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 03:19 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 96 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatak9 View Post
I've fired allot of guns in my life, from handguns to rifles. A inexpensive handgun for a someone who doesn't want to spend allot, right off would be a Glock, it's idiot proof and works great. Good luck

Agreed, unless you put a tac light on it...then failure to feed becomes a problem. Tap, rack, bang.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 08:08 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Garage
What do you consider inexpensive? 100-200, 200-300, 300-400, ??? I picked up my Thunder for under $200. On the other hand, my Sig P232 was almost $700 many years ago. (both the same caliber)

Don - 2005 Armada SE 4x4 - PGM 90mm Throttle Body, JBA LT headers, Cajun Catted B-pipes, Borla Duel SS Cat-Back, UpRev, Injen CAI, 6" Pro Comp Lift, Ballistic Jesters, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Train Horn, lights, sirens

Last edited by drauden; 07-21-2013 at 08:11 PM.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drauden View Post
What do you consider inexpensive? 100-200, 200-300, 300-400, ??? I picked up my Thunder for under $200. On the other hand, my Sig P232 was almost $700 many years ago. (both the same caliber)
300 or under

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 12:05 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooshtaka View Post
300 or under

Get me a round trip flight to alaska for a week and ill give u mine.

sent from broken autoguide app.

'04 LE
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Garage
It really depends on what you're after... I have a Bersa Thunder .380 that I bought from WalMart (LOL) in 1990 and I tend to grab it alot more often than the 9mm. Although the .380 doesn't have as much punch and it's a little less consistant at the long range, it is small compact, very comfortable to hold, and it holds 12 rounds in the clip only 2 short of the 9mm. The fact is if I ever need to use it, the difference between a .380 and a 9mm won't matter much because it would be close range and most likely the first shot to a Head or knee cap anyway so the little bit of lead size difference and the noticeable difference in powder from a 9mm really won't matter much anyway. Besides the .380 is comfortable for my wife and kids to use if needed where the 9mm is alot more intimidating to them.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

Last edited by Pops; 07-22-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode