Road trip: Tx-fl-sc-nc-ky-tn-ar-tx - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Road trip: TX-FL-SC-NC-KY-TN-AR-TX

Family of 3. 2 adults one child. With my trusted Armada. We are planning a 14 days road trip in June. We plan to leave on June 9th

Here is tentative map and some key places we plan to hopefully see before we make it back home.

Just posting to see if I can get some tips and or advice, while we are slowly getting the Armada ready and supplies for our trip.

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 04-22-2014 at 01:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

This is a tentative list of the road trip. Hoping to visit all these places, but if time is a factor or I meet unforeseen circumstances, I will avoid a destination or say I might head straight home.

1- Houston
2- Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 (Disney world resorts for 6 days of disney fun)
3- Savannah, GA
4- Gaffney, SC (Peachnoid water tower, Gaffney, SC)
5- 171 Campbell Covered Bridge Rd, Landrum, SC 29356 (Campbell's Covered Bridge) This will be driving the Cherokee foothills national scenic highway. Highway 11
6- Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Abrams Creek, Tallassee, TN 37878. Go in through the NC entrance. Print out map from their website because they say car gps lead people the wrong way!!!
7- 17555 Tapoco Rd, Robbinsville, NC 28771 (Tail of the Dragon)
8- Knoxville, TN (??? Attraction)
9- Daniel Boone National Forest, KY
10- Nashville TN (??? Attractions)
11- 3734 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116
12- Little Rock, AR (??? Attraction)
13- Hot Springs, AR (Hot springs national park, 515 Central Ave, Hot Springs, AR 71901. And bathhouse row)
14- Arkadelphia, AR
15- Dallas, TX
16- Back home

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 04-23-2014 at 06:04 PM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Ordering one of this now from ebay to always make sure I have some extra gas. I will have it on my roof rack, among other things, while on my trip and future long road trips. I will order the 20L one that comes with a spout.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 04-22-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 09:22 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)

Garage
You will enjoy the great smokey mtns try to work in the Daniel Boone restaurant if you get a chance Its in Boone NC, Great family Cooking when a person can get in the door. Blowing rock, Chimney rock are cool places, And the dragons tail Watch out for motorcycles you can literally see your rear bumper around some of them curves. Looks like a good trip.. So you want to see the Butt crack as we call it in Gaffney SC. From TN drop down into Asheville nc you can get on the Blue ridge parkway and run north, Clingmans dome, Grandfather Mtns, Blowing rock, Boone nc drop back down on Hi Way 321 south to I85 S and go right into Gaffney SC to see the Peach Crack. Its cool

2015 Pearl white Platinum 4x4 Gift to my wife..
2nd owner 2010 5.6L Armada 4x4 Titanium 52k miles Traded @ 74,000 miles.
2001 5.4L F150 4x4 Lariat extended cab on 285/17
1979 Harley Davidson Low Rider custom,2002 KTM 520 EXC Dirt bike,2007 450 Yamaha Grizzly atv
1998 honda 300 4x4 fourtrax atv
work hard to play hard.

Check out my youtube link here.

Last edited by liquid1; 04-22-2014 at 09:07 PM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 11:14 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Send a message via AIM to bobeast
Take an afternoon to walk through downtown Gatlinberg, TN. While you're there take a ride on the sky lift (don't worry, you can't miss it). The Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum is there as well.

Choose to chance the rapids. Dare to dance the tide.

Last edited by bobeast; 04-22-2014 at 11:18 PM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 12:32 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Garage
Ditto on Gatlinburg.

James

2004 Armada SE Smoke 4x4, 2 Degree Advanced Timing, Air-Box Mod, K&N Drop In Filter, Active Tuning Grounding Kit, 6000K HID's, LED Interior and Exterior illumination, Chrome OEM Grille, Front Windows Tinted To Mach Back, V8 Emblems, LE Emblem, Big Tow Package, Prodigy Brake Controller, ScanGauge II, Microfilter, Qx56 Chrome Wheels/Steering Wheel, OEM Fog Lights, Back-Up Camera!
1976 Apache Trailer Hard-side Pop Up
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 07:16 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Garage
x3 on Gatlinburg, your family could spend several days there and never get bored. It has a cool aquarium downtown, and a neat amusement park nearby (I believe its Dollywood?). When you get sick of the town you can simply lose yourself right next door in the Great Smokies.

Could also extend trip in KY north a bit on I65 and visit Mammoth Caves. Also, if you are at all into Civil War sites, you could take a detour off of I40 between Nashville and Memphis and visit Shiloh. Very cool sites there as well.

2013 Armada Platinum Reserve

2017 Chevy SS

2011 A5 Cab/quattro
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 09:04 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 55 Post(s)

You will Love The Great Smokey Mountains. In Gatlinburg there is a nature drive you must do as the scenery is something to see. I forget the name of it but it is a one way drive through the woods on the north side of town and returns back to the town after about 45mins. Look for bears and all kinds of other wildlife while your driving. Cades Cove is another nature drive in the park that offers some beautiful scenery. We saw several deer, turkey and two bears last October. The drive on 1-40 from Knoxville to Nashville is pretty also. I-40 from Memphis to LRock is horrible so beware. Yall be safe and when you go over the Mississippi River bridge in Baton Rouge look south east and holler GEAUX TIGERS!!!!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 07:34 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)

If you guys like the idea of camping a night, check out South Cove County Park on Lake Keowee in Seneca SC - not too far off your path. The RV/Tent camping is out on an island in the lake and you're right on the water. There's a good on-water restaurant with live music nearby, and the best BBQ around.

If you guys came to town I'd be happy to show you around.

Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. -- Philippians 4:8
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 09:16 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)

Garage
X
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
You will Love The Great Smokey Mountains. In Gatlinburg there is a nature drive you must do as the scenery is something to see. I forget the name of it but it is a one way drive through the woods on the north side of town and returns back to the town after about 45mins. Look for bears and all kinds of other wildlife while your driving. Cades Cove is another nature drive in the park that offers some beautiful scenery. We saw several deer, turkey and two bears last October. The drive on 1-40 from Knoxville to Nashville is pretty also. I-40 from Memphis to LRock is horrible so beware. Yall be safe and when you go over the Mississippi River bridge in Baton Rouge look south east and holler GEAUX TIGERS!!!!
x5 on Gatlinburg Tn and Cades cove, I have never been around the other route you mention, Pigeon forge is where Dollywood is, usually a hot rod show going on there..

2015 Pearl white Platinum 4x4 Gift to my wife..
2nd owner 2010 5.6L Armada 4x4 Titanium 52k miles Traded @ 74,000 miles.
2001 5.4L F150 4x4 Lariat extended cab on 285/17
1979 Harley Davidson Low Rider custom,2002 KTM 520 EXC Dirt bike,2007 450 Yamaha Grizzly atv
1998 honda 300 4x4 fourtrax atv
work hard to play hard.

Check out my youtube link here.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode