post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Garage
2014 Maxima SV Sport

Hey all,

I know there are quite a few Maxima owners over here so I thought I'd share the newest member of our Nissan family with you. Traded in my rock solid Camry SE V6 with 153,000 miles for a brand new Maxima SV Sport with Tech Package.

So far, the Maxima has been great, handles very nicely and is surprisingly smooth over rough roads. Already installed Weathertech mats to protect carpets, and will be getting tinted soon. Love all the features the Camry did not have like 19 inch wheels, power steering wheel, memory cooled driver seat, sliding seat on exit/entry, lit sillplates, and underbody leds. The seats are also much more supportive than the sport leather seats on my Camry. It also has the separate tire pressure sensors unlike the Armada.

Here are pics from trade in day. Ill get some better ones up when it finally quits raining.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	23762   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	23770  

2013 Armada Platinum Reserve

2017 Chevy SS

2011 A5 Cab/quattro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 09:28 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)

Garage
The Camry was pretty clean, but the Maxima rocks much more HP than the Camry, Congrats on the Maxima.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 06:32 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Congrats on your purchase. I did trade in my 2002 Camry (120,000 miles or so) to buy my brand new 2008 Maxima (45 miles only) in 2008. The Maxima is really a great car. The Maxima forum too is big and great. My 2008 SE has all options but navigation. All the features you just listed, I do have them too. Great car indeed. My Maxima now has 177,000 miles and going as strong as brand new.

You will definitely enjoy it. And don't forget to go sign up on the maxima forum.

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 08:51 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)

I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima, it has about 165,000 miles on it now. I used to love that car, but lately it's been costing me quite a bit in repairs. In the past year and a half, I've had to replace the radiator, alternator, A/C compressor, high pressure steering hose, both front axles, cooling fan, and just recently, the Evap canister. The CEL is coming on now, telling me it needs a new catalytic converter, plus I'm still running on the original clutch and original shocks. I drove it for the first 150,000 miles, then my oldest son drove it for two years. He's off at college now, and can't have a car out there, so I'm thinking of selling it. But, I also have a 14 year old son that will be driving in a couple of years, and this would be a great car for him. Decisions, decisions......

Keith

- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 09:17 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfamily View Post
I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima, it has about 165,000 miles on it now. I used to love that car, but lately it's been costing me quite a bit in repairs. In the past year and a half, I've had to replace the radiator, alternator, A/C compressor, high pressure steering hose, both front axles, cooling fan, and just recently, the Evap canister. The CEL is coming on now, telling me it needs a new catalytic converter, plus I'm still running on the original clutch and original shocks. I drove it for the first 150,000 miles, then my oldest son drove it for two years. He's off at college now, and can't have a car out there, so I'm thinking of selling it. But, I also have a 14 year old son that will be driving in a couple of years, and this would be a great car for him. Decisions, decisions......

Keith
Sorry to hear your Maxima has been costing you a lot of money. Did you buy it brand new?

I did buy mine brand new. And I have just done regular maintenance and that thing can move. Well, I don't baby it anyway, so I need to always maintain it well.

I am not too surprised you have the check engine light on. I do have it on too and it says I need a catalytic converter. Well, I will not give the car a new one; not just yet.

I have had that light on now for over 30,000 miles. I have bought the aftermarket part to replace the cat and almost got it replaced, but changed my mind that I doubt that is the problem.

So until I feel I want to change it, I will be driving this car as is. My Maxima is truly in a very good shape and I have decided I will never sell it or atleast drive it past 250,000 miles before ever thinking of selling it. I mean, it is doing great with 177,000 miles on odometer, so I have no complains there.

You should definitely pass it down to your son. I am sure he will love it.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 08:53 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetitFrereArmada View Post
Sorry to hear your Maxima has been costing you a lot of money. Did you buy it brand new?

I did buy mine brand new. And I have just done regular maintenance and that thing can move. Well, I don't baby it anyway, so I need to always maintain it well.

I am not too surprised you have the check engine light on. I do have it on too and it says I need a catalytic converter. Well, I will not give the car a new one; not just yet.

I have had that light on now for over 30,000 miles. I have bought the aftermarket part to replace the cat and almost got it replaced, but changed my mind that I doubt that is the problem.

So until I feel I want to change it, I will be driving this car as is. My Maxima is truly in a very good shape and I have decided I will never sell it or atleast drive it past 250,000 miles before ever thinking of selling it. I mean, it is doing great with 177,000 miles on odometer, so I have no complains there.

You should definitely pass it down to your son. I am sure he will love it.
I have had it since it was almost brand new, I bought it as a low mileage demo in late 99. Until recently, it hadn't cost me much if at all in maintenance or repairs. It's in great condition, looks almost brand new inside and out. It's just been over the last 18 months or so. I can't fault the car for that, it's just that things wear out! My older son liked driving it, and it would be a good car for my younger son to use when he starts driving it. My quandary is, do I keep sinking money into it (it's only worth about $2500 at most), or get rid of it and then face having to buy another car for the younger son to drive.

I already owe my older son a new car, since I am not paying for his college education!

Keith

- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Garage
Great to hear from fellow multi-Nissan owners. So far the Maxima has been great for us, I dare say I enjoy driving it much more than Armada (at least until snow hits). Hopefully mine lasts as well as all of your cars have.

2017 Chevy SS

2011 A5 Cab/quattro
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 06:46 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

I'm a Camry guy, got a flawless 1998 LE with 151,000mi. Even after 16 years the sunroof still works like the day it was on the showroom floor. Reliable, sturdy cars.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

(SOLD
) 2010 Nissan Armada Platinum, K&N Intake, Michelin LTX M/S2, 90k
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 09:26 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasArmadaPlatinum View Post
I'm a Camry guy, got a flawless 1998 LE with 151,000mi. Even after 16 years the sunroof still works like the day it was on the showroom floor. Reliable, sturdy cars.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Nice. I like to see people keep cars for that long.

I had a family friend that kept her 2002 Toyota Camry until it got to 302,000 miles and it was running ok, but burning some oil. Then she got t-boned at a stop sign and then it was totaled. She went and bought a Mazda. Been having problems since then. She said she was planning to drive it till it fell apart.

I have always owned Camrys too until I started buying Nissans. I have nothing but good things to say about Camrys.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Garage
Here is new pic with snow tire/wheel set. Stock 19 inch Sport rims did okay in first light snow, obviously these smaller 17 inch winter tire (Michelin X-ice i3 on Enkei M52 rims) are much better. I like them so much I may pick up a set for Armada next winter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (7).jpg
Views:	59
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	25130   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (6).jpg
Views:	59
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	25138  

2017 Chevy SS