Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima, it has about 165,000 miles on it now. I used to love that car, but lately it's been costing me quite a bit in repairs. In the past year and a half, I've had to replace the radiator, alternator, A/C compressor, high pressure steering hose, both front axles, cooling fan, and just recently, the Evap canister. The CEL is coming on now, telling me it needs a new catalytic converter, plus I'm still running on the original clutch and original shocks. I drove it for the first 150,000 miles, then my oldest son drove it for two years. He's off at college now, and can't have a car out there, so I'm thinking of selling it. But, I also have a 14 year old son that will be driving in a couple of years, and this would be a great car for him. Decisions, decisions......
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author