Flying to Arkansas to buy a new Armada to replace my current one - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Flying to Arkansas to buy a new Armada to replace my current one

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to retire my 2010 Armada SE for a 2009 Nissan Armada LE with 4X4.

I have been wanting to have a 4X4 and was lucky to find a one-owner which has been very well kept. So, I called and talked with owner and decided I will buy it. So, with a heavy heart, I put up mine for sale and got some low ball offers and nobody with cash, so took it in to CarMax. Did not get a good deal. Took it to Carphoria, did not get a good deal. Took it to Texas Direct Auto and was happy with offer.

So, sold it. I must honestly say I am sad to see my Armada go because for the short period I have owned it I have really made some great memories with it.

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

My Armada. Just sold it. I had to take off all my accessories since I was not letting that go as I will like to use them on my new Armada.

Stripping my Armada down of its roof rack and tire carrier

Farewell pictures of my Armada. I hate to see it go. I have really done some good travels with this car.

Farewell, my Armada. This was a really great vehicle.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 10-21-2014 at 07:20 PM.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

This is what I will be picking up.

2009 Nissan Armada LE 4X4. It has every single option available. Name it and it has it. This one I am buying is the most loaded one in that year. Like the Platinum Reserve of today. I think it basically has the same options as the 2014's Platinum has. So, I am happy with it.

Here are a few pics from the seller. I will fly there on friday. Look it over and if I like what I see, I pay for it and then drive it back for 9 hours. I am sure to remember to get my radar detector and gopro camera. I will need my radar detector.

A few pics from seller, until I meet it in person on friday.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 10-21-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 07:16 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)

Garage
She is one sweet rig, I know Friday seems like a entire year of waiting lol, congrats hope she serves you well as the retired 10 did, waiting for pics with the upgrades and accessories, did you keep the wheels you have on the 10 or you gonna leave the chrome ones on it. Congrats again.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustydis2012 View Post
She is one sweet rig, I know Friday seems like a entire year of waiting lol, congrats hope she serves you well as the retired 10 did, waiting for pics with the upgrades and accessories, did you keep the wheels you have on the 10 or you gonna leave the chrome ones on it. Congrats again.
You are very correctr. Friday does seem like more than a week from today. But since I have to work the next 3 days, I hope it helps make it closer. I truly hope this new one serves me well too.

I will not keep those gun metal wheels because it fits that Armada well and also because it is impossible for me to take it for the new Armada and also the new Armada is silver and the color theme may not flow well with those gun metal wheels.

I will keep this look on the 09 and will start looking for a rim to buy and install on my tire carrier so I will have 5 matching chrome rims. But I truly don't like the chrome wheels. So, we will see. I know I wish to save some money and get the new BF Goodrich T/A KO2 tires on this car.

If I can raise the money, I will like to install these tires on the new Armada:

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 08:46 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 75 Post(s)

Garage
Those are cool, but the silver is a hard paint to please lol.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 11:45 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Garage
Where in Arkansas are you going?

James

2004 Armada SE Smoke 4x4, 2 Degree Advanced Timing, Air-Box Mod, K&N Drop In Filter, Active Tuning Grounding Kit, 6000K HID's, LED Interior and Exterior illumination, Chrome OEM Grille, Front Windows Tinted To Mach Back, V8 Emblems, LE Emblem, Big Tow Package, Prodigy Brake Controller, ScanGauge II, Microfilter, Qx56 Chrome Wheels/Steering Wheel, OEM Fog Lights, Back-Up Camera!
1976 Apache Trailer Hard-side Pop Up
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumplecat View Post
Where in Arkansas are you going?
I am going to Damascus, AR. Are you close to it?

I attended grad school in Arkadelphia, AR. So, I know some parts of Arkansas pretty well.

I will be landing in Little Rock. Seller will pick me up for an hour drive back to his house. There, I will inspect the car with y check list I have already made on a word document, lol. This will be quite an experience for me. If I approve of the car, I pay him, mount my Valentine 1 radar detector and we bid farewell and I hit the road on my 9 hours drive back home. If I don't approve of the car, he takes me back to the airport where I will get a rental and hit the road for my 8 hours drive back home. But I am sure I will be buying the car.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 07:20 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Garage
Cool. I am in Fayetteville so i am not very close it is about a three hour drive for me. Good luck with the new Armada!

James

2004 Armada SE Smoke 4x4, 2 Degree Advanced Timing, Air-Box Mod, K&N Drop In Filter, Active Tuning Grounding Kit, 6000K HID's, LED Interior and Exterior illumination, Chrome OEM Grille, Front Windows Tinted To Mach Back, V8 Emblems, LE Emblem, Big Tow Package, Prodigy Brake Controller, ScanGauge II, Microfilter, Qx56 Chrome Wheels/Steering Wheel, OEM Fog Lights, Back-Up Camera!
1976 Apache Trailer Hard-side Pop Up
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Flew out today to Arkansas. Paid, picked up my Armada and made the 9 hours trip back home. It was quite a trip. All I can say is this car is completely different from my last one and I do love this car.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode