Why does this site redirect me on a regular basis? - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By marctronixx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Why does this site redirect me on a regular basis?

I am a member of many different forums. This is the only one that randomly redirects my computer. When I try to open up a topic, or sometimes when I am trying to reply to one it sends me on a big redirect and I can see all these websites popping up/scrolling across the search bar at the top. Then I will end up at some site that is trying to get me to "upgrade/update" something on my laptop. Seems very scam-ish to me........

What do you guys have going on here? I don't claim to be anyone special and I'm sure I won't be missed, but I want you to know that if this kind of thing is happening to others that could be a reason why you don't see much traffic. People will go elsewhere.

Might want to look into it.

2011 QX56 loaded with everything including, you guessed it, HBMC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stuffed with 285/55r22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 06:02 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbrow Hillbilly w/HBMC View Post
I am a member of many different forums. This is the only one that randomly redirects my computer. When I try to open up a topic, or sometimes when I am trying to reply to one it sends me on a big redirect and I can see all these websites popping up/scrolling across the search bar at the top. Then I will end up at some site that is trying to get me to "upgrade/update" something on my laptop. Seems very scam-ish to me........

What do you guys have going on here? I don't claim to be anyone special and I'm sure I won't be missed, but I want you to know that if this kind of thing is happening to others that could be a reason why you don't see much traffic. People will go elsewhere.

Might want to look into it.
Yeah, I visit this site way less nowadays because it runs so much stuff in the background. If I use the Firefox browser it will actually make the fan on my laptop come on sometimes. Activity monitor shows that Firefox (only on this site) will sometimes use over 100% of my CPU.

2008 Armada SE
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 35 Post(s)

It just did it to me a moment ago when I was trying to open this thread. No other forum I am a member of does this.

2011 QX56 loaded with everything including, you guessed it, HBMC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stuffed with 285/55r22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 08:52 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)

you can reach out to the admin of the site. the info is at the bottom of the webpage.

this group owns several websites. they use ads to generate revenue. web forums are becoming a dinosaur and these companies use the ad revenue to keep the doors open.

sometimes bad/rogue ads will get in the rotation and cause some issues, as you may be experiencing. its not the owners fault per se, they just pay an ad site to run the ads. I admin/mod on a few different sites, one or two not car related, and ive seen this happen more than once.

there are ways to remove ads. I , for example, don't see any ads and I use chrome as my daily driver on the internet.

if you want an immediate response,. email them directly.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode