What are you impressed with on the QX56? - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

What are you impressed with on the QX56?

I've had a 2005 QX56 for nearly a year now. Overall I am very impressed with it. The seat quality/ leather/ padding even after 183K miles is impressive.

But it's also the little things I am impressed with. Changing the radiator was a simple job (not so with my 2002 WJ Grand Cherokee!). One small thing that BLEW ME AWAY was the drip catcher for the oil filter on the engine. HOW NICE!! Instead of allowing the oil to drip all over the cross member, they added a small catch/drain to drip it all into catch basin on the garage floor. I was won over with this! Simple but thoughtful!!

Ok, what are you impressed with on this vehicle? Simple or not simple things, doesn't matter. Help me appreciate mine even more!

2005 with 183k+ miles. Replaced headers, radiator front shocks/ springs. Otherwise Factory!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Nothing? Well that’s concerning. Hope I didn’t chose this 185k vehicle in error. So far so good.... 8-/

2005 with 183k+ miles. Replaced headers, radiator front shocks/ springs. Otherwise Factory!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 11:56 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)

hi.

this is a pro armada forum so not many people here own the Qx.

also, its the weekend (super bowl too) so that may play a reason in why there are no responses.

the car is solid. just look at the high mileage thread and you will see many happy owners.

people don't usually come to a forum to boast how much they like their car or whatever--they mainly come looking for tips and help on a repair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:15 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadsled qx56 View Post
I've had a 2005 QX56 for nearly a year now. Overall I am very impressed with it. The seat quality/ leather/ padding even after 183K miles is impressive.

But it's also the little things I am impressed with. Changing the radiator was a simple job (not so with my 2002 WJ Grand Cherokee!). One small thing that BLEW ME AWAY was the drip catcher for the oil filter on the engine. HOW NICE!! Instead of allowing the oil to drip all over the cross member, they added a small catch/drain to drip it all into catch basin on the garage floor. I was won over with this! Simple but thoughtful!!

Ok, what are you impressed with on this vehicle? Simple or not simple things, doesn't matter. Help me appreciate mine even more!

Same here, it's quite comfortable and large which helps in long road trips. My dogs love the space in the back! They got their own A/C vents which is useful after the park.

I haven't changed the radiator in this one yet, but I hoping it won't be challenging. I see the mechanical fan and pressured reservoir tank, so that tells me already it's not as straight forward as my other Infiniti vehicles. We'll see, I not look at the FSM for that procedure, so I will withhold my final judgement.

Love how the undercarriage is metal and not plastic (which split, crack and rot). Sure, it's like a hot tamale after running the vehicle, but easy to handle with mechanic gloves. Speaking of working under the hood, love all the space which favors my large hands. Disliked working in my 4 cylinder. Sure it was easy to fix in theory, but it was so cramped I always had cuts, busies and remove many things to access something.

2006 Infiniti QX56

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode