I did my first oil change! Whats next? - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I did my first oil change! Whats next?

Hello All,

I purchased my 2012 Nissan Armada not so long ago at 155k. It is now at 160k and finally performed my oil change + oil filter over the weekend. Not sure how everyone else does it but i did not use a jack. I simply went underneath the car, removed the cover / metal plate (not sure the formal name for this but it was a bit of a pain for 1 person) and drained the oil. I must say, the labor was not so bad.

Here is what i used
Oil: Mobil 1 5W-30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil - I used about 6.5 qt.
Oil Filter: Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter

My main questions is, I want to make sure I am doing all the other maintenance plan accordingly. All i know how to do is the oil change and replacing the oil filter. What other routine Maintenance should i be doing myself or taking it into the dealership? I am not an auto person but slowly learning, however i dont want to tackle something like replacing transmission fluid or you know, whatever that would normally be done. I plan to keep this bad boy running for the long haul + with having kids, i would like to keep this at its best safest state.

FYI - The manual / maintenance plan books was not equipped with the purchase of this car.

thank you all in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 12:28 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

You can get some suggestions from my 1000,000 miles service thread on my 2009 Armada...

https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/18...lugs-belt.html

https://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...lugs-belt.html

You're welcome.

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 04-02-2019 at 12:31 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 12:44 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

Owners manuals can be downloaded from Nissan. Maintenance schedules are included in the manuals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetitFrereArmada View Post
You can get some suggestions from my 1000,000 miles service thread on my 2009 Armada...

https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/18...lugs-belt.html

https://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...lugs-belt.html

You're welcome.
wow!! is that a Typo? 1,000,000 miles? that is crazy.

thank you for the information. i will review!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 01:17 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricebow11 View Post
wow!! is that a Typo? 1,000,000 miles? that is crazy.

thank you for the information. i will review!
Oh yes. That is definitely typo. I meant to write 100,000 miles, not 1 million miles. It would be a miracle to see 1 million miles on my Armada.

I hope the thread would be useful to you.

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode