Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Garage
DC Meet - 2 days away

MVP TITANS PRESENTS

The 2009
HANES POINT
TITAN/ARMADA COOKOUT!

All TITANS and ARMADAS are invited.

High Noon on September 26th, 2009 at Hanes Point in S.W, Washington, DC.

Hanes Point
1090 Ohio Dr. SW
Washington, DC 20001
http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/mi...28445/map.html

Parking Lot #11 is the place to be.

Come enjoy one of the most beautiful parks in all of Washington DC. A fabulous Waterfront View, Comfortable Walkways along the Potomac River, Lots of convenient Free Parking right at one of Dozens of Picnic Tables. you won't find an easier place than Hanes Point for a Titan/Armada Meet.

Bring your own food and soft drinks, bring a grill, or share one with one of your buddies. Eat, Meet and Greet. Don't overlook the Playgrounds, Miniature Golf, Full Size Golf Course, lots of Grassy Parkland for a game of Catch, Frisbee Tossing, etc.

Titan Blue quote "I was shocked at how nice this place is, as I lived just 10 miles away most of my life. We have never had a Major Meet in DC. This is it!"

Remember, bring your own food, maybe a little extra something to share. Anybody got some good Oatmeal Raisin or Chocolate Chip Cookies? Please note if you can bring a Grill and would like to cook. You are going to have a great time.

Here's the latest update on those who will be, or are trying real hard to be with us on Saturday September 26th, 2009. if there is anything you'd like to bring, add it to the list. Frisbee, Softball, Food is always good too.

1. TitanBlue - Wife and daughters. Plenty of Dr. Peppers!
2. BlakSpyda - Cool looking Black Armada
3. Drauden - White Armada with Lights and Sirens and stuff. It's PGM'd too.
4. 9ballrook - Check out the fine trim work, might be working though
5. 54warrior - Bringing the Coleman Grill! Trying, trying, trying...
6. LDOTITAN - Thinking about it...
7. nismo4life - Pending able to drive...
8. Lurchdubious - and Family. Like like, might, might...
9. darkknight - Will be there! And is Willing to Cook!
10. layer1 - If not in Mexico working. What a life...
11. DisturbedR6 - Might be able to make it.
12. Irish83 - His First Meet!

Don - 2005 Armada SE 4x4 - PGM 90mm Throttle Body, JBA LT headers, Cajun Catted B-pipes, Borla Duel SS Cat-Back, UpRev, Injen CAI, 6" Pro Comp Lift, Ballistic Jesters, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Train Horn, lights, sirens

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 03:58 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'll be there but I'll be leaving before 2:30 so I can get home in time to see my Hurricanes whoop up on the Hokies!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KONG(2004 LE):
Bryce
Dunder Denali Grill, Chrome: Pillars, Sills, Fogs, Sides, Rear Doors & Hatch, Blk Alteeza Tails, Burtman: Spoiler, Wood Kit & Shift Knob, 22'' D'Vinci Ventos w/Blk Inserts, Nitto 420S, Kenwood X997, Sirius, US Amps USA-4300X, JL Audio HD1200/1, CDT: (4) EF-63 Braxials, SatNet 560 Xovers, M519S Upstage, (2) HD-1220 Subs, Stinger: SP1500D, SPV44, Clifford 50.7X, 2* Timing Adv

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:19 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

You know I'm down!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Garage
Bumping to the TOP! Less than 13 hours to go. Rain or Shine, we will be there.

Don't worry about those very late afternoon showers, we have some fun to have!

Weather is going to be fine for our Titan/Armada cookout. Titan Blue will be there very early, and have hi 10 x 10 Tent already set up and a half dozen chairs. A cooler full of Dr Pepper and Mountain Dews to share. He will also have a very small Camp Stove. Bring your grill, favorite cookout foods, snacks, etc...Bring a Frisbee or Football too. To play with, not eat.

Bring a grill if you can. I can't recall what the park has, but I think they have charcoal grills on site. They do have nice bathrooms, so no worries there. They have lots and lots of Picnic tables every where.

And yes, Timing Advances for up to 07's included at no charge.

Don - 2005 Armada SE 4x4 - PGM 90mm Throttle Body, JBA LT headers, Cajun Catted B-pipes, Borla Duel SS Cat-Back, UpRev, Injen CAI, 6" Pro Comp Lift, Ballistic Jesters, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Train Horn, lights, sirens

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 09:06 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

am new to the board (first post), and happened to notice this thread.

How was the turnout? looking forward for the nexgt meet.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Garage

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 05:56 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Welcome to CA Les7311!

Yeah we had a few people show up. TitanBlue and Drauden did a great job with the cookout portion. I also see Drauden has posted some pics. I will post mine shortly!

The post below is from TitanBlue over on ClubTitan and it refers to Draudens pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanBlue
Great Turnout, Lousy Weather, but we made the best of it and had a winning Meet!

1st Hanes Point Meet: 1 Titan 1 Armada & 5 People

2nd Hanes Point Meet: 3 Titans 3 Armadas & 20 People

A big thank you to -

Blakspyda and wife - Armada (2)
BJ1906 - Armada (1)
drauden - Armada (4)
twistedfreedom and friends - Titan (4)
TitanBlue, my Wife and kids - Titan (4)
Irish83 family and friend - Titan (3)
Neighborhood kids - "NEXT" Bicycles (2)

Weather was nice and Sunshiny as I was getting ready at home, but quickly turned to clouds and a sprinkle or two on the way to DC. We set up our Tent and Gas Stove and started cooking right away.

An Ecletic mix of food made the meal today: Italian Chicken Shish Ka Bobs, Hotdogs, Chips, Twinkies, Ho-Ho's, Snickers and Milky Way Bars, Pickles, Bananas - yes Bananas, 4 kinds of Sodas, Water, Granola bars etc. Plenty to fill the belly. We put 2 tables together, so had lots of room for the food and eating, but most hung around their trucks instead! Guess that is to be expected huh?!

Fairly heavy rains eventually came, but the fun had continued for about 3 hours before we packed it all up. Glad we had that Tent!

We got to enjoy the company of several old and new friends, and watch the various River Boats/Paddle Wheelers glide by. A few Presidential type Helicopters graced the sky too. This is still a new place for most of us, and it continues to impress us newbies, and turned out to be an old favorite of some of the guys. There is lots of interest in doing another Cookout in the Spring of 2010, so planning will begin. We will move further around the Point, to an even better location, nearer the playground, restrooms, closer to see the airplanes taken off over the Potomac River. Details will show up early next year. Keep an eye open!

Thanks again guys, we all had a real good time meeting you and look forward to doing this again in the Spring, and setting a new record attendance for the Titan/Armada community.

Last edited by BlakSpyda; 09-28-2009 at 03:44 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 06:50 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

The military Fly By.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 11:56 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Send a message via MSN to mangarete Send a message via Yahoo to mangarete
Wao. I envy you guys. Them pictures look like a lot of fun. Keep up the flame boys.

Cesar Silverio
Golden Army

Whatever you like...

2* Advanced Timing
26 inch rims
Tires 305/30/26
Tranformers 5 inch 3d logo
HID conversion
LED conversion
1400 w speaker amplifier mdx
2200 w amp for Kicker L7 12"
1800 w amp for Kicker L7 12"