Driving 24 hours from Cleveland, OH to Houston, TX in a ... - Page 6 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

@marctronixx

Or anybody who may know how...

I am thinking of saving for some maintenance stuffs on my QX and was looking at doing the transmission fluid change. But this QX56 has no dipstick. The drain and fill plugs are under the car. In fact, the drain plug and the fill plug both face the ground and both look like drain plugs, but you can tell which is which.

So, to drain the fluid will not be a problem as it will just drain. But now to put new fluid will need a special tool to pump fluid in that will not keep on draining at the same time.

Before I go join the QX56/QX80 forums and post this question, does anybody have any ideas? Basically a pump that would pump fluid into the transmission pan against gravity and the fluid will not be draining or backing up at the same time instead of filling the transmission pan.

I will appreciate any suggestion.

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 10:58 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)

the tranny is sealed. there is a pump thingy you need to get.
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
the tranny is sealed. there is a pump thingy you need to get.
Do you know what pump I could buy that would do that? If its affordable, I may buy it.

As for the transmission, that is true. It is sealed. When I could not find the dipstick, I called the dealerships and they told me that.

When I usually cannot figure out something about my car or just wish to get an opinion about service or the price of a service from the dealership, I usually call many different dealership to have different opinions.

I googled all Infiniti dealerships in my city and close by cities. I got like 5 to 8. Then I start calling them all for the exact same thing. Some of the service techs have patience and are very knowledgeable and do educate you well, while some just rush through some explanations. That is what I do most of the time when I need to find out something about my cars.

Then I save the number to the Infiniti I would like to go to. Then under that name and under notes in my phone, I store the name of all the other dealerships that I learned something from them. That way I can always call them whenever I need to know more about something else again.

It is just like getting a second or third opinion when a doctor gives you a diagnosis.

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode