Forthcoming Armada/QX-56 Dealer Level Access Android App - Page 3 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

The MX has gone through several iterations. My friends only started developing for them a couple of years ago. The + is a two way com vs the one way of the original MX. The latest update allows you to download specific address sets for each vehicle in the settings. I left my + at the shop. I can get more in depth once I have it in hand to walk through some steps.
I'll keep adding info when I can answer questions correctly.
marctronixx likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 09:00 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)

thanks for the follow up.

if this product can advance the timing 2 degrees that alone is worth it for me, but if it can only read sensors and not make any adjustments, its not something I would need as ther torque app already reads the sensors that are inrp,otant to me.

thanks for your input and follow up!
DanF. likes this.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 11:53 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-bert View Post
****UPDATE: Finally, with the help of some friends "there's an app for that"!

For all interested parties, OBDLink MX+ is now Nissan / Infiniti compatible.

For the Armada/QX56 the official compatibility (until the next update) is 2006 to current. The app can be spoofed to 2004/5. The only things it won't read are the airbags and an 06+ has a module named MX that aren't on the previous models.

The OBDLink app is free...unfortunately it is only compatible with the official MX+ ELM327 module.
Its 70 on Amazon.
@Q-bert I never did get a reply back. I must say, this is a bit of a disappointment. Maybe I misunderstood your intent, but I was under the impression that YOU were working on DEALERSHIP level access, not standard access that is obtainable with ANY OBD connection and app combination already on the market. As marctronixx pointed out, the reviews don't look too hot for the product, AND the functions are just NOT THERE. Don't take this the wrong way, I appreciate your sharing after the anticipation with no updates, but personally, I'm good on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
thanks for the follow up.

if this product can advance the timing 2 degrees that alone is worth it for me, but if it can only read sensors and not make any adjustments, its not something I would need as ther torque app already reads the sensors that are inrp,otant to me.

thanks for your input and follow up!
@marctronixx , I second your stance. If you need those features, you are welcome to reach out to me and I will gladly steer you in the right direction.

@everyone else,

I can definitely chime in on this topic. I have several adapters and tested various programs. I assume that you are using Android, correct? I would definitely recommend Torque Pro. I have used it for years, and it always ends up being my go to when I'm having issues with a vehicle. If you are using iPhone, then go to CVS and get you a MicroMechannic adapter for 20 bucks. Their app is kinda simple but the database for the codes is one of the best. I use that adapter with Car Scanner Pro. This particular app can also emulate various profiles for better functions such as Honda HDS, Nissan Consult, TechStream, etc.

In regards to the MX+, I hate that the price is as much as it is. I haven't tested it personally, mainly b/c I cannot justify paying for a proprietary hardware that does the exact same as my 10 - 20$ hardware. Unless you intend to do any ECU flashing, a cheapo adapter is all that you need. Don't fall for the marketing gimmicks.

Along with this, I have already flashed my ECU without UpRev (sorry guys). When I am ready to share my work, I will provide a detailed method and files to get you going. Since I am developing it on the fly, there is a lot of liability that I am not willing to take just yet. I also have my hands in other projects too, which consumes some of my time.
marctronixx likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

That's awesome! Unfortnately I just don't have the time or the brainpower afterwork to dedicate to the project. It was a better use of my time to work with the folks already working on a product.

As far as the adapter, its a quality product compaired to the crap $20 units I have purchased from China.

I don't care either way. If you have a better system, I am willing to try it. If you need someone to help with coding or configuration let me know. I have group of programmers that do it for fun.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode