Forthcoming Armada/QX-56 Dealer Level Access Android App - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Cool Forthcoming Armada/QX-56 Dealer Level Access Android App

I am in the process of decoding/channel surfing my 2004 QX-56. So far I already have the addresses and codes for the majority of systems. This Saturday we will complete the final set...the security and locks systems. Right now I have complete access to the windows, lights, engine, airbags, etc.

I will probably start writing the Android app during the downtime of scanning the CAN bus.

What are the features that you guys might want in an Armada/QX-56 specific app? Is there interest in such an app?

As an example: Do you want to unroll the windows with your phone? (not needed since you can do that with the remote) Or do you want to eliminate the need for a remote and just use your phone?
Rontgen, urgodfather and dpatel791 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 07:52 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Diagnostic tools. I use a OBD bluetooth device and the Torque app to look at some parameters but there are limits on what you can see and what you can interact with. Having something that works like a shop scanner would be great. Being able to shut off individual cylinder fuel injectors or command solenoids for troubleshooting - that kind of stuff.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Awesome! That shouldn't be a problem. I will just have to decide how to build the gui to bundle specific engine controls to make it user friendly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 08:54 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I haven't posted on the forum in a while but for what it's worth I have used Nissan Data Scan II (PC) which works rather well and shows additional fault codes than the Torque app and other apps I have tested. It also allows features like to make the 2 degree advance, program keys (I haven't tried) etc. Not all functions listed on their site works for the 2007 Armada but still is the most functional one.

For example when all VDC, AWD and Slip light came on I was able to turn them of by resetting some steering sensor (don't remember all details now).
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

You don't need a device or software to program remotes...you never have...that is a lie that the dealers have propigated, since the 90s when keyless entry became popular,to charge another fee. There are ample videos on youtube to show how its done.

I just purchased two generic remotes on ebay for $7 a pair and programed them with nothing but the ignition key.

The newer vehicles that have no real key probably require more of an interface...but I won't own one anyway...I have a problem with control...and authority...I f I am going to purchase a vehicle, I will control it not the dealer or manufacturer.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 04:50 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-bert View Post
You don't need a device or software to program remotes...you never have...that is a lie that the dealers have propigated, since the 90s when keyless entry became popular,to charge another fee. There are ample videos on youtube to show how its done.

I just purchased two generic remotes on ebay for $7 a pair and programed them with nothing but the ignition key.

The newer vehicles that have no real key probably require more of an interface...but I won't own one anyway...I have a problem with control...and authority...I f I am going to purchase a vehicle, I will control it not the dealer or manufacturer.
Agree with the remotes, but you do need to have the key programmed to the car, even if it isn't keyless. There is a small transponder chip imbedded in the key that needs to communicate with the car. if you want to program one key you need to have all of the keys, since the programming erases any previous programming. This does not require the dealer, but it is not something you can do on your own. Most good locksmiths can do it, they charge $35-45 to do it (in addition to the cost of the key).
marctronixx likes this.

- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 05:09 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quote:

I didn't say remote but key for which some software actually is required to program it.

Those mentioned were only examples of some functions with NDS2.

In your other thread you asked for best software similar to Consult and I'm just saying that I think that Nissan Data Scan 2 or perhaps 3 (for newer cars) would be it. Feel free to check it out or not.
marctronixx likes this.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 10:14 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quote:
That seems to be the keyfob programming process based on
https://www.nissanhelp.com/diy/commo...m_key_fob2.php
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Keys and fobs are similar...not exact. There is no trunk opening in fob programming.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode