User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

2017 Armada Platinum

Hey guys, recently pulled the trigger on a used but CPO 2017 Armada Platinum. Really like the truck. Going from a 2010 QX56. However, have a few questions. One, and most importantly, should I buy extended warranty on this truck? The dealership has offered 6yr/100K miles warranty for $3577. They won't negotiate this down. The truck has 26K miles on it. I haven't bought warranties in the past but the dealer, for obvious reasons, has put the fear of not having warranty in us. Second question, even though not recommended, is it worth going with a higher octane fuel on the Armada? With the Infiniti, we didn't have a choice. But wondering what to do with the Armada? Thanks guys for your feedback....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 10:42 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)

Quote:
should I buy extended warranty on this truck?
no.

Quote:
is it worth going with a higher octane fuel on the Armada?
no. the armada is tuned for regular petrol.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 10:06 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunal Sarin View Post
should I buy extended warranty on this truck? The dealership has offered 6yr/100K miles warranty for $3577. The truck has 26K miles on it. I haven't bought warranties in the past but the dealer, for obvious reasons, has put the fear of not having warranty in us.
Since you are asking, I will strongly suggest you get the extende warranty. If you never use it, it will be peace of mind for 6 years and 100,000 miles

When I bought my 2012 QX56, my credit union financing my car offered me warranty for $3,300 which would cover me for 4 years 48,000 miles. I refused. They gave me 7 days to make up my mind. I told the guy I do not need 7 days, I just told you I refuse. Well, like 4 days down the road, my driver seat headrest dvd player stopped working. I called my credit union and said, can we talk about that warranty again? They said sure. I still have like 2 days before the offer expires. I told them well, I will take it since they insist. Bam! 2 weeks down the road I filed for warranty and my dvd was fixed for $2,500. I paid only my deductible of $100. Till date, my warranty has paid over $15,000 to fix my QX.

You know not everybody that pays for extended warranty gets to use it. Same as we all pay car insurance for the rest of our lives but some people are just lucky to never get into an accident nor hit by someone else. So, they spend their lives never having to make an insurance claim.

So, my advise is get it. If you never use it, that is fine. But if you happen to need it, you will be glad you had it than upset you never bought it.

If I had not already invested so much money on this QX, I would have traded it for a brand new 4Runner TRD Offroad and make it into a very simple but very capable offroad vehicle. I beat my QX offroading but I am limited to what I can do as all the people I go offroading with, they have lifted suvs which crawl, have lockers and so can go to more difficult places that I get scared venturing with my QX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunal Sarin View Post
Second question, even though not recommended, is it worth going with a higher octane fuel on the Armada?
Armada calls for regular only. No need for something else.

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 01-06-2019 at 07:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 10:14 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

My love for offroading has made me feel my QX is not letting me have enough fun offroading.

If I were to get a offroad vehicle, my choice right now is a brand new 4Runner TRD offroad which comes with crawl control and lockers and I will mod it to look exactly like this one that I took the pictures just by searching online for 4Runners with mods that I would like on mine, if I was ever to get one.

It will look exactly like this...

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 01-06-2019 at 07:21 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 07:39 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
no.
no. the armada is tuned for regular petrol.
Have not seen the armada settings, but on mine Patrol there are 2 settings for spark advance set:
Low and high octane file.
For Europe the low octane is 95 and the high is 98 (I have changed it to 100 octane fuel).
So you have to open up the US version software and check.
The real difference on the euro version is about 20 hp on 95/98 fuel according to settings (no dyno done...).
95/98 in RON and not (AKI) or (R+M)/2

But the Patrol is rated at 405 hp in stock foul Europe. Armada shall be a little lower for US,,

The available settings that can be changed for my Patrol attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lMAAAgIcjOA-960.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	45147   Click image for larger version

Name:	10AAAgIcjOA-960.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	45149  

Last edited by Xyclon; 01-09-2019 at 07:42 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 07:53 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)

the engine in the patrol, the new armada and qx are all the same engine. yes its a software change to meet the needs of the fuel requirements.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode