2010 Nissan Maxima SE, Houston, TX - Page 39 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #381 of 634 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 04-04-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 634 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 12:18 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

Fun times! Looks good!

2015 SV 4x4

-
- Plasti-dip - Tow Mirrors -

post #383 of 634 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeutah View Post
Fun times! Looks good!
Thanks. I really like the way it looks also.

I plan to hopefully have it like that if I take a summer trip in a few months. Well, the lights would not be on the QX because they can fly off at speeds above 50mph. But I plan to take the lights with me. In case I reach a destination and decide to go offroading, I would like to have my lights to light up the road infront of me.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #384 of 634 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #385 of 634 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Today my Maxima reached 200,000 miles. It is a good feeling to see it reach 200,000 miles and to know I have owned it since new. I hope it still gets many more miles to come. The car looks clean. I cannot believe I have 200,000 miles on odometer.

On a side note, yesterday I bled my brakes on my Maxima, but did not do it well and introduced air into the brake system and my brake would not work properly. You have to depress the brakes all the way to the floor for it to work. It was risky driving it around town. I planned to keep it parked and be using my QX until I can take it to be serviced this week.

But, today I decided to tackle it again. I took my time and followed everything step by step. I did bleed out the air from the system and it was a success. Brakes are back a bit better than before the bleed. Car is doing good. I would hate to ever try to get rid of this car.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #386 of 634 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Took both vehicles today to the dealership for an oil change. Used Coastrol 5W30 with Royal purple filters. My QX was not due for an oil change, but I just wanted to do it since I was getting that of the Maxima done.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 04-24-2016 at 04:57 PM.
post #387 of 634 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

I am taking a summer road trip in July for 21 days. My road trip would be through the following states; TX-NM-AZ-Route 66-NV-UT-CO-TX. And if I get cleared from a group project at work, then I may have a few more days to be on vacation and will take a long drive back home because I had always wanted to see Mout Rushmore. So, I will go up to it and then just use a very long route back home. And this long route will make me want to go through the following states; WY-SD-ND-MN-IA-NE-MI-KS-OK. Just enjoying the open road and the drive back home.

If you see me on the road, feel free to honk. Or if you wish to meet, feel free to let me know. I think it would be very interesting if I happen to meet someone from the forum while on my route. I will be dressing up my QX for my trip, so trust me, when you see it you will know it is me.

If you wish to just read about my trip, see pictures and maybe share any tips on what cool places I can visit, feel free to visit my road trip thread posted on exploration portal.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...A-MI-NE-KS-OK)

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #388 of 634 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 11:17 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetitFrereArmada View Post
Took both vehicles today to the dealership for an oil change. Used Coastrol 5W30 with Royal purple filters. My QX was not due for an oil change, but I just wanted to do it since I was getting that of the Maxima done.

Do they give you a discount for using your own oil? The synthetic oil changes are ridiculously priced if you buy the oil from them.

2015 SV 4x4

-

post #389 of 634 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 11:19 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

What is your route through Utah, and the dates? If you're going through the I-15 corridor through northern Utah, I might be in your path.

2015 SV 4x4

-

post #390 of 634 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeutah View Post

Do they give you a discount for using your own oil? The synthetic oil changes are ridiculously priced if you buy the oil from them.
I don't know if I will say they give me a discount for bringing my own oil. They just charge me a fix cheap ridiculous price of $10 for the oil change. And they top off all my fluids and do a few multi-point inspection. So, I am paying the technicians $10 an hour. If you ask me, I will say that is ridiculously cheap.

Yes, it costs me only $10 drive out. I think it may be exactly $9.97. Now, there is no other dealership here that I know that would do that. The closest quote I got was like $17 from another Nissan dealership if I bring my own oil and filter. You best believe I am not calling any Infiniti dealership for something like this.

I don't see my QX going to any Infiniti dealership any time soon when I just did a major tune up without going to the Infiniti dealership. This guy I know did a lot of the work, I did some and took the car to this my Nissan dealership for some.

https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56441

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode