2010 Nissan Maxima SE, Houston, TX - Page 62 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #611 of 634 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Just washed and waxed my suv today and used Cover all tire dressing. So, want to share pictures.

Also, showing the Yokohamas also. Looks good with it 1 inch lift. Measured it again today. It is a true 1 inch lift now.

Washed my car. Polished it with TFP. Then sealed it with TAC Moonlight. Then dressed tires with cover all. One of the best tire dressers out there. Car has a mirror-like finish. Got compliments on how it looks.

Here the front wheels are fully turned all the way to the right. At this full turn if I tried to drive, the tires would be rubbing badly, making some bad noise. But now that I have pulled the wheel well all the way back and used 2 zip ties, I do this often to make sure my mind is at peace that it does not rub. It does not rub. I do not hear any sound. So, I am good with my 35" tires and the guaranteed 1 inch lift that I currently have. As I do measure it often. Just OCD! The car is not been driven much as I am using my Maxima. Getting close to 250,000 miles on it and still going strong! Never letting my Maxima go till it dies and I cannot logically pay to get it fixed.

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 05-03-2019 at 01:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #612 of 634 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Was lucky to drive and meet up with a buyer for my old tires 305/45/22 Atturo Blade X/T. I got about 31,000 miles of use from those tires and sold them with some life in them. Got a pretty good price of $250 from them. Will put that now towards the cost of my Yokohama 285/55/22 tires that I will be keeping and hoping to get at least 50,000 miles of use from them.

post #613 of 634 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

My 2008 Nissan Maxima turned 250,000 miles today.

I bought this car brand new in 2008. I have been the only owner and have owned it for 11 years. It has been pretty reliable and has had it's fair share of problems, but I have been lucky to always been able to pay to get it fixed.

I have almost sold this car twice, but glad I did not because I really like now seeing how the miles are going up.

The car is not mechanically perfect as of today, but I still trust it and will drive it to Alaska and back, if I had time to take off work like 2 to 3 months.

It is my daily driver and I recently took it last weekend on a 600 miles round trip out of town and performance was flawless. Only drawback was the bald tires. Today, I gave it 4 brand new tires and thank the car for being so reliable and hope for many more reliable miles till death do us part.

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 04-02-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #614 of 634 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Car turned 250,000 miles today. And had to thank the car and treat it well.

Oil change with a mixture of my leftover oils and a larger filter. 2.5 quarts of 10w30 and 2 quarts of 0W20. And I used a 2012 Infiniti QX56 filter, instead of the small 2008 Nissan Maxima filter.

Took a sample of the used oil to send to Blackstone. The oil was run for 10,000 miles. I had to put 2 quarts of make up oil during this run. Make up oil was 1 quart 5w30 Valvoline HM and 1 quart Valvoline 0W20 HM. Let us see what the report from Blackstone says in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Took car immediately to Discount Tire to install my 4 brand new Federal FD2 Formosa tires 255/40/19, that I had ordered more than a week ago off ebay to replace the current bald tires. The bald tires had a thread warranty for 40,000 miles when I got them brand new. The tires gave me 55,000 miles before getting bald. These new tires now are also rated for 40,000 miles. I hope I squeeze atleast 50,000 miles out of them too, which means my Maxima will have 300,000 miles by then. I hope it happens before my Maxima dies for good.

Still looking good! 250,000 miles on odometer. Fresh oil change. 4 new shiny shoes on! I have never had any accidents with this car and nobody has ever hit this my car. Car still looks good and if I just say, it has been a pretty reliable car!

Took the car home and treated it to a CVT transmission fluid change with Castrol CVT fluid that I had bought about 3 months ago on a great special at AutoZone. Transmission shifts like butter! 250,000 miles and the CVT acts like it is ready for atleast 100,000 more miles. Let us hope it gives me atleast 50,000 more miles first and get me to 300,000 on odometer!

Getting its fresh dose of new Castrol CVT fluid.

Car is set now! Just waiting for its next road trip!

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 04-02-2019 at 12:52 PM.
post #615 of 634 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

This is one of the deals now on oil that is being shared on bobistheoilguy.com. This is the kind of deal I have used to buy the 6 jugs (2 5W30, 2 0W20 and 2 10W30) last 5 jugs of oils I have had and used on my cars. So, I have been buying premium oil for almost half the price, which is a good deal.

I am sharing here because this one still has a long time to expire and maybe one or more people from clubarmada may take advantage of it.

Out of the 6 I have bought so far, I have used up 4 so far and I currently have 2 jugs of 5 quart Pennzoil UP 5W30 sitting at home. It will be a while before I use those since I just did an oil change on both my cars, but I may be tempted to do oil changes every 3,000 miles since I am tempted now to buy an oil and filter from this Mobil 1 promotion.

I may order a 5 quart of 10W30 and a Mobil 1 filter for my QX.

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 04-02-2019 at 11:23 PM.
post #616 of 634 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Can someone do a photoshop for me?

I am seriously thinking of doing an unconventional thing on my QX and was wondering if anybody here could help me out to do a photoshop of the project and show me how it may look like.

I did not want to start a thread to ask that question, just hope someone may read this post and PM me or let me know who I can PM.

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #617 of 634 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

I finally got my offroad lights from STEDI in Australia. I have been debating about this but decided to purchase it and figure the rest after. Now I am faced with the daunting task of if I will install it or not.

The job is kind of tough as I have to find a shop that I have to pay for custom brackets.

Then find another shop that will connect the lights for me.

Still in the process. I have no idea if this will take me forever to install or if I will end up selling this on the Landcruiser or Jeep forum.

But just wanted to post pictures of my Type-X Pro LED driving lights.

I bought it on Monday last week and got it 4 days later on Friday. Quite fast. The product too is top notch and packaging is excellent! 10/10 so far.

This is the link to what I bought... Pictures to follow of unboxing...

https://www.stedi.com.au/type-x-pro-...ng-lights.html

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #618 of 634 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

The lights come standard with the STEDI lenses cover. Then I ordered extra covers, which is the evil smiling face. All the pictures I have seen of the evil smiling face on looks really good to me. Or mixing a STEDI with a smiling face. Lots of pics on the link to the website on the post above this one.

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 04-29-2019 at 10:11 AM.
post #619 of 634 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

post #620 of 634 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Took my lights today to find out about installation with a guy I had already talked to. Stopped by his shop and he fell in love with the lights. He took like 5 pictures of the box and lights and that he will have to look it up.

Sadly, he does not have time any soon plus it is going to be expensive to build, paint, drill my frame and install custom brackets for the lights. But I had showed him where I wanted them and asked him if he could pose for me. So, I took a pic. This is how it should look if I finally go through with this.

Next, I went to 4Wheeling shop. They have a lot of lights of their own but none in the shop compared to what I had. I was talking with one of them and told then my lights are from Australia and they all came to look at what was special about them. Nothing special but a better price and same build as the most expensive ones in their store. Two of them took pics and asked me if we could light it up to see. I said sure!

Giving my light a go. The store was too bright for anyone to say wow, how bright! It looked like all other powerful lights in the store, but it was shining in built quality and mount quality. They told me. Above all, the price was very interesting to them: cheaper than their high end ones. Here is my light. Well, if I ever install them. But I got a quote from them to install and it was not cheap! But they offer warranty and do professional work. So, we shall see if we finally install these lights or sell them!

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 04-29-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode