User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Goodbye

Well as much as I liked my Pathfinder, I ran into a serious problem with it that Nissan refused to handle.

I had paint problems that Nissan refused to warranty and could cost into the thousands. So I had to rid myself of the Pathfinder even though I liked the Pathy. It was also turning out to be unreliable as I had an ABS sensor fail taking out ABLS, ABS, VDC, and the 4WD system in one of the worst snow storms of the year. It wasn't fun and was a real disappointment. In the same time interval, the belt tensioner failed and had to go around a bit to get it covered under the Gold Preferred Extended Warranty I had. Wasn't happy about fighting to get something covered in the Ext. Warranty that should had been covered with no fighting. These problems all happened under 50,000 miles so it wasn't reassuring.

Due to these problems and the numerous I had with the Nissan Titan, I didn't go back with Nissan as much as I would had liked.

So just wishing everyone a fairwell and hope you continue to enjoy your Pathfinders.

Have a good one.

Current
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with 4.6L V8 w/ 292 Hp and 300 lbs of torque; tow rating of 7000 lbs trailer weight & 730 lbs tongue weight; Base Payload of 1400 lbs and Useable Payload of 1220 lbs. after Hard Tonneau Cover, Built In Bedliner, Side Step Rails, Tow Package and Interior Vehicle Options. More Capability than my Titan with a soft Tonneau (Tow 6500#/650#; Useable Payload 1213#) .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gone!

Click on Pic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 02:23 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Sorry to hear about your misfortune!

Good luck with your future vehicles though!

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 03:50 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Peace out! Good luck with what ever you end up buying.

Tony
SOLD: 2006 LE 4x4 w/ Nav/DVD Blizzard/Sand, 2007 Regal 1900 V6 225hp boat, 1993 Toyota Camry 4cyl, 2006 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Off-Road Smoke/Graphite

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Thanks guys, I'm hoping I won't run into the problem I had with Pathfinder or the previous Titan.

I went with a V8 4X4 Ford Sport Trac. It has good towing with 730 lbs tongue weight and 7000 lbs trailer weight. It actually reminds me of my old 2000 Xterra that I loved. No pretty painted bumpers or painted wheel lips to worry about chipping or scratching when in the rough stuff. It also feels as capable off road as did the Xterra.

Even though Ford doesn't advertise it and only states it has open differentials, it uses the same traction and stability control Technology that Nissan uses. Even though you can disable Stability and traction control as you could with the Nissan, you don't give up your brake traction control which is the same as Nissan's labelled ABLS. What is different is that you can hold down the traction control for 5 seconds and then even disable the brake traction control where you couldn't with Nissan. I really see no advantages to this other than maybe wanting to save your brake pads.

Makes me wonder if most vehicles do have the brake limited slip as Ford and Nissan but just don't advertise it. I know I skipped by a Dodge Durango in favor of the Pathfinder because I wanted limited slip for our snow covered region.

Here's to hoping I have good luck as I did with the Xterra, have a good one.

Current
with 4.6L V8 w/ 292 Hp and 300 lbs of torque; tow rating of 7000 lbs trailer weight & 730 lbs tongue weight; Base Payload of 1400 lbs and Useable Payload of 1220 lbs. after Hard Tonneau Cover, Built In Bedliner, Side Step Rails, Tow Package and Interior Vehicle Options. More Capability than my Titan with a soft Tonneau (Tow 6500#/650#; Useable Payload 1213#) .

Gone!

Click on Pic

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 08:08 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Good luck .......................

2012 Titan PRO4X S&B cai, 2* Advance Timing, 6500k HID, 1000w sub with 500w rms amp, 18" XD RockStars with 33" BF Trails, BD GT, Volant Double Exhaust,
LED interior,
------------ROB-------------

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 10:41 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Send a message via Yahoo to Dirty Cash
The ST is a great truck! I had one for nearly 6 years until I was rear ended and moved up to the Armada. Never had any problems at all with it that was taken care of under the warranty through the entire ownership period! I think you'll love the Trac...sounds like you already do!

-~ Dirty Cash ~-

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Yeh, I'm really loving the Sport Trac. I've had this truck in mud and snow that would had my previous Titan and Pathfinder stuck, not the Xterra though.

It's actually been the most trouble free truck or car I've ever owned. I'm close to 50,000 miles and it still feels new to me.

The sitting room inside is nearly as roomy as the late Titan and not cramped like in the Pathfinder and Xterra. Of course I have more storage than the SUVs but less than the Titan with the Sport Trac's 4' 2" bed. It's enough for our gear and stuff though.

The best thing is the mileage and the gear ratio. Nissan will probably follow with a 6 speed auto to match everyone else. With the transmission's gearing and the differential gearing, I have more pulling power and off the road grunt than any other truck. Normally my mileage would be in the can with this gearing but the 6 speed auto makes up.

The V6 '05 Pathfinder I had, had mileage of 15 mpg in town, 17 mpg mixed driving to work, and 20 mpg expressway. The V8 Sport Trac that's also heavier, gets 16 mpg in town, 19 mpg mixed driving to work, and 21 mpg expressway. I even get 11 mpg towing my Jayco Trailer at about 60 mph.

Still wish I had my 2000 SE Xterra though. I miss that and the fun I had in it.

Don't know if what I'm experiencing is typical of Sport Trac but I really like it. It's not perfect as any vehicle. I've had couple minor things corrected, but I've very impressed with Ford's quality. Something I haven't seen on any of my Dodges, GMs, or Nissans. This was my the only and First New Ford I've ever had.

I would had bought an F150 but their payload was only 100 lbs more beside the extra $6,000 it demanded. Payload is my limiting factor towing my trailer since my normally 4 passengers and the hitch weight make up payload rating or go slightly above. Besides, the F150 would not do nearly as good on fuel economy as I put 24,000 miles on it per year.

Something shocking to me is that the 2010 Nissan Titan lives after press releases of Nissan killing it, and pretty much just having a Nissan cloned, Dodge Ram. Guess the deal with Dodge fell through plus they decided to keep it living for at least another year.

Have a good one.

Current

Gone!

Click on Pic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode