2005 Pathfinder Gas Mileage - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

2005 Pathfinder Gas Mileage

I just purchased a 2005 Pathfinder SE offroad 4 X 4. Black with Black leather, premium package, DVD. I needed a veihcle that could get 20+ MPG. That was my goal otherwise I would get another F150. This is a beautiful SUV with a Great quiet and comfortable ride.

But the gas mileage sucks!

Sticker said 18/21 MPG and I have been driving it like an old lady going to church on Sunday and have not been able to get above 15 mpg. On the first two tanks I averaged 13 mpg overall. My F150 with 150K gets 16 MPG and it has a big V8! I hope this gets better or I will have major buyers remorse on this thing!

What mileage are you other new Pathfinder owners getting on average? Anyone have any ideas to help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 12:03 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

I have been getting anywhere from 13.5 to 16.5, but me and my wife use it just to haul the kids around... It varies based on the driving type, city vs. highway... MPG is typically based on a per-user driving habits, which factors many different variables... But I knew that when I bought the damn thing! And stickers on estimated MPG I feel are always best case scenario's and/or guess-timates!

'05 Armada LE 4x4 - Red Brawn (AEM Brute Force Intake, Active Tuning Ground Kit "RED", Gibson Cat-Back, AirRaid TBS, Nitto TerraGrappler 325/60-18)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

I was hoping it would be close. Went on a trip in my buddies F150 with a 5.4 and it got 20 mpg at 70 on cruise over flat terrain. I got better than sticker on the g35 that I traded in on the Pathfinder. So I guess I was lulled to sleep by that sticker, recent experiences and the thought that a v-6 would out perfrom a big V-8 on a big truck for economy. Regardless, 13--16 is way off the mark to 18-21.
Hope it gets better! ANyone have any tricks or mods to make it better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 01:50 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

I agree. I am getting between 13 and 16 MPG. I hope this does get better.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 03:58 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Arrow

I have a 2005 Pathfinder LE 4x4 and live at 7,300 feet. I drive 45 miles to work (most of it flat or down hill) and average 25 mpg going. Returning going back up I average 19 mpg. This is with an average speed of 75 mph. Overall with city and highway I average 20 mpg. The vehicle has 3,000 miles on the odometer. You guys at sea level should have better mileage and power.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 09:06 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

My wife just got her Armada about a month ago and she is averaging about 12 MPG, all city driving. She knew what she was getting into when she bought the car, so she's not complaining. and honestly It's perfect for what we need it for. This isn't the type of vehicle you by if your looking to save gas so I'm sorry to hear that it's not working for you (ready teddy). what year f150?" what size motor abd whats the out put. although the 5.6 is not one of the biggest v8's out there, it definatly hangs with the big boys power wise.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 11:31 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Pathfinder Mileage

My wife and I purchased a new Pathfinder at the beginning of May. Mileage has been disappointing - 13 - 14 MPG town and probably around 18 MPG on the highway (vehicle is used very little for highway driving at this point).

Has anyone experimented with different fuel octane levels to see if there is a change in your mileage. Right now I'm using a 94 octane fuel and I don't think it makes any difference vs 91 octane. Has anyone tried just regular fuel?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 03:32 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Arrow

We're using mid-grade (87 Octane) here in Colorado.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode