So how are the new Pathfinders?? - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So how are the new Pathfinders??

I had the 2005 and was disappointed in several areas. I'm wondering if they addressed this at all.

The main area was the weak suspension and weak front axle ratings. Have these improved? On the RV forums, it common knowledge that these Pathfinders have a hard time pulling campers with heavy tongue weights due to the weak suspensions. The low rated front axle keeps weight distribution to a minimum which puts more weight on an already sagging rear suspension.

I'm at least hoping that the weak and sagging rear suspension were upgraded with the V8 versions.

I'm also hoping that the front axle rating has least came up to 3000 lbs on the V6s and more on the V8s.

Here's an example of the rear suspension sag on the Pathfinder compared to the Sport Trac with my previous Pop Up. I didn't use any weight distributing hitch, just the standard weight bearing hitches that most Pop Ups require.

The other problem was the paint bubbling and rusting problem that several I know have had including myself. I know one Nissan Advisor (in another state) that also knows of the problem but Nissan refuses to accept responsibility siting it's caused by the customer. My dealer had this problem with vehicles sitting in their showroom and said Nissan said this was environmental and would not warranty it. Body shops confirmed paint defect, not environmental but Nissan refuses warranty. This is the reason why I won't buy a Nissan anymore, same as a GM. I won't do business with a company that won't stand behind their product when it's a warranty issue. I'm wondering if this problem was taken care of and if Nissan changed their stance and started standing behind their products.

While I had some minor issues with the Pathfinder, it was a nice truck based SUV. If they overcome their weak suspensions and axles plus address their paint problems as well as stand behind the product they sell, perhaps I could see considering their products down the road.

Just wanting to see if they stepped up their game or competitiveness.

BTW, I'm completely happy with my Sport Trac. It's much better than the 3 Nissan vehicles I previously had (2000 Xterra, 2004 Titan, 2005 Pathfinder) in power, comfort, features, capability, reliability, and price. However I still like having choices and I'm not brand loyal (anymore after my situation with the Titan, then Pathfinder). I like having some competitive choices. Since there are few truck based SUVs out there anymore or even good midsize pickups, pickings are slim. I'm not a fan of GM or Toyota. I like Ford, Nissan and Dodge, but Dodge may not be around for long.

Thanks and have a good one.

Current
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with 4.6L V8 w/ 292 Hp and 300 lbs of torque; tow rating of 7000 lbs trailer weight & 730 lbs tongue weight; Base Payload of 1400 lbs and Useable Payload of 1220 lbs. after Hard Tonneau Cover, Built In Bedliner, Side Step Rails, Tow Package and Interior Vehicle Options. More Capability than my Titan with a soft Tonneau (Tow 6500#/650#; Useable Payload 1213#) .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gone!

Click on Pic

Last edited by Mike Up; 05-31-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode