AC problem during longer trips - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Unhappy AC problem during longer trips

My wife just came back from dealer where she tried to fix her AC on 2 weeks old Pathfinder (manufactured in June 2005) What are we encountering is, on longer drives AC stops to work and it is actually blowing only air form outside little bit cooler. All of the sudden car feels sticky from humidity (we live in South Florida) entering the car. Nothing will change if you crank AC on both sides down to 60. No cold air whatsoever. After you stop the car for short period of time nothing will change. Only next day when you drive short distance (up to 10 miles) AC works normally (but not as cold as my other cars Ford and Mitsubishi). So she went to the dealer service. They told her to dive the car for 100 miles and come back with the problem (of course Nissan wonít reimburse you for those miles, nor gas since this is a lease Iím not taking my miles just to duplicate problem for technician and drive up and down on the highway just for fun) or to leave car standing here wit engine idling to duplicate problem. She said OK let it run at the parking lot and we will see. Then a manager came along and start explain to her, that AUTO mode in AC is really for nothing , It wonít work as your home unit. Anything above 70 degrees is really mixing cold air with heater box! And dual zone AC that is a joke. You can not have one side to 74 and other to 60!! :eek: According to them, and also my AC is actually hotter from that side set for 60!! I guess next step will be angry call to Nissan, but first I wanted to share this experience with you and maybe get some input from other users if they encounter the same problem.

BTW I have 05 Pathfinder, LE, NAV w/ electronic AC controls.

Last edited by pavouk; 07-20-2005 at 11:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 11:57 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

A/C Problem

We had a similar problem with the A/C. Same thing was happening. It's going in next week.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 08:58 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

I encountered to same problem yesterday for the first time.

Car going in tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mine going in tomorrow too to a different dealer. i'll let you know. First dealer got call from Nissan corporate and now they are trying to do all they can to keep me happy, but they want second oppinion from different dealer unfortunately 70 miles away from my house.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 10:07 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

It seems one way or the other they are going to get you to drive that 100 miles.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Arrow

When I drove there this morning AC worked normally, but it was less than 100 miles, 1.5 hour drive time. But as I mentioned before after night spent in the driveway, nothing will happen until you drive for longer time. Dealer told me that they will leave the car running on the parking lot idling. We'll see what happens. I'm awaiting a call from them this afternoon.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 04:11 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Just got mine back from dealer. Apparently something came up on the diagnostics that indicates an A/C problem. Unfortunately it will be next week before the individual who talks to Nissan will be back from vacaton.

It must be a very secret language.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Exclamation Resolution

I just got call from dealer, that some sensor on AC is malfunctioning and causing AC to freeze up. Once the frost is melted off it will start to work normally. Unfortunately nobody on East coast has this type of sensor. It is ordered from CA so on Monday another trip to service for repair...

BTW part what is malfunctioning: A/C intake sensor sensor in closed loop condition. FP number : 27700-5Z0000 sensor assy-SUN

Last edited by pavouk; 07-20-2005 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Update
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

I also noticed that at the beginning of a drive my A/C is blowing really cold air, no matter what temperature is set. I had it for 80 and it was almost freezing. Then after little while (approx 30 mins) i start o feel change downhill. From now on the A/C performance is poorer and poorer. After about an hour it finally craps out and it's short of breath blowing only hot air in. So I guess service technician assumption about some sensor being faulty is correct, I'll keep you posted how it went on Tuesday, when I have another appointment. Too bad I can not use the car this weekend while going on long trip.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 11:25 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

This is intesresting b/c you guess are talking about the auto AC function on your truck, but my truck has no auto function and after standing idle for about 30 minutes the ac shuts down... and I don't mean blow slightly less cooler air I mean it only blows outside air. The last time this happened I checked the outside temp and it was 110 and I first thought the damn thing over heated (who knows), so I started driving around a bit and nothing happened, so I shut her down and restarted and everything was fine
So i did the nissan shuffle and made an appt. everything checked fine and i was good to go no leaks no nothing
I just shook my head and left, but before I left I asked if there was and auto shutoff sensor for the ac and I got strange looks and a big NO.
sO here is my question to people "is there an auto shutoff for the AC unit"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an EYE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode