A few questions i need answered!!! - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A few questions i need answered!!!

Hi Guys,

1st of all I have an LE with Navi, but without the factory DVD. I wanna do some audio/video mods, but have some questions before i go ahead and do anything stupid. :eek:

I see a lot of people getting the AV Electronics Switcher installed, I would like to do this and get video on my Navi screen and possibly a couple of screens in the back. I know this can be done but my main concern is on how the audio part of its done. Is it through an RF transmitter or can you somehow use the "REAR A/V" mode of the factory stereo. Just like how its done if you have the factory DVD.

I hate using RF, i have the iTrip for my iPod and i absoultey hate it, but its the only way right now besides making MP3 CDs.

I've seen an adapter made by PAC audio (Model#: PAC-AANIS) but i've heard it doesn't work with Navi systems.

So basically, i want an all around solution to fix my iPod and DVD needs.

Can someone please help me?????
- -

Thanks,
DesiBoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 06:25 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Check the how to in my signature, or tap the aux behind the dash. The pac aaniss will work, the system is the same as the QX56 which they list.

Lonnie
Mods: 20% tint, Blaupunkt ME3 TV/DVD player wired into factory dvd wiring
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 7" monitor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
recently upgraded to a M&D 9", video on Navigation screen, reverse camera, Street Scene grille, hood, vent, and sunroof deflectors, and a fully functioning
and Upreved

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

llajumpvid,

your instructions are great but looks to damn hard to do...LOL...

do u know of anyone that has accomplised this on a '05 Pathy. Its better to tap the aux behind the dash if i want a video setup too right. Or will the PAC AAI_NIS do they same also.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 03:51 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Aveonics makes it so you can watch video on the NAV screen. NoNag takes away the annoying push to use for the NAV every time you start the SUV. The Aveonics is hardwired, not RF. It only does the video. The stereo already plays the DVDs if it is factory. The IPod should plug directly into the aux input on the front of the stereo.
https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1467

Lowered SUVs are Beneath me. W in '04. Thank me!

'05 Armada LE 4x4, Red Brawn, Graphite, Tech, DVD, Terra Grapplers 305-55-20, MB Motoring Express 20x9, 6000k HID lows, Silverstar 9005 highs & 893 fogs, Lund Stainless Steel Bug Shield, Timing advanced 2 degrees
'92 Vette Vert Black,6-Spd,Lots of mods (For Sale)
'04 G35 Sedan-Black,Sport,wing,all opt.
'02 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T (Hers)
'04 Kawi STX-15F JetSki

|
|
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Yeh but i don't have the factory DVD player and the Pathfinder doesn't have an AUX input on the front of the stereo...which is stupid...IMHO
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 04:43 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBoy
Yeh but i don't have the factory DVD player and the Pathfinder doesn't have an AUX input on the front of the stereo...which is stupid...IMHO
Oh, Pathfinder. Don't know. Nevermind. You can do all this with an aftermarket setup, but I don't know the stock stuff in the Path.

Lowered SUVs are Beneath me. W in '04. Thank me!

'05 Armada LE 4x4, Red Brawn, Graphite, Tech, DVD, Terra Grapplers 305-55-20, MB Motoring Express 20x9, 6000k HID lows, Silverstar 9005 highs & 893 fogs, Lund Stainless Steel Bug Shield, Timing advanced 2 degrees
'92 Vette Vert Black,6-Spd,Lots of mods (For Sale)
'04 G35 Sedan-Black,Sport,wing,all opt.
'02 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T (Hers)
'04 Kawi STX-15F JetSki

|
|
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 05:55 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

oops I didn't catch the pathfinder part either. I think someone used my instructions and got it to work on a pathfinder though. I think your best chance is to get the pac unit if it will work with a pathfinder.

Lonnie
, 7" monitor
recently upgraded to a M&D 9", video on Navigation screen, reverse camera, Street Scene grille, hood, vent, and sunroof deflectors, and a fully functioning
and Upreved

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

yeh i've been to other forums where people have gotten the PAC unit to work with the non-navi bose headunits but no one has had any luck with navi unit. Its beginning to get frustrating coz i've had the car for over 4 months now and the car in general has been out for some time now but no one has a solution out yet...o well...i guess i'm gonna have to keep waiting....
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 08:32 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Have you contacted PAC? They are pretty good about returning emails (at least the one I sent them a while back). They can probably give you a answer.

Lonnie
, 7" monitor
and Upreved

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

i replied once b4 and i didn't get a reply. I emailed them yesterday so hopefully i will get a reply from them...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode