User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2010, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dash lights went out..

THe lights on my dash just stopped working, I pulled every fuse and they all look ok.. is there a relay or something else I can look for on the pathfinder? Can't see anything at night now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 03:07 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

there must be a problem in wiring of dash lights. check out if any wire got damage or any carbon in plug where the bulb is fitted

free Express News Live

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Broock; 10-01-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:31 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Garage
I know this may sound dumb, but did you try and rotate the wheel on the dash that controlls the dimness of the lights?

Don't laugh as I know of a few who somehow spun this to off and didn't realize it.

Don - 2005 Armada SE 4x4 - PGM 90mm Throttle Body, JBA LT headers, Cajun Catted B-pipes, Borla Duel SS Cat-Back, UpRev, Injen CAI, 6" Pro Comp Lift, Ballistic Jesters, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Train Horn, lights, sirens

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 09:44 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drauden View Post
I know this may sound dumb, but did you try and rotate the wheel on the dash that controlls the dimness of the lights?

Don't laugh as I know of a few who somehow spun this to off and didn't realize it.
Did this on an old 4runner we used to own. I'd detailed the interior the weekend before, and spent at least an hour trying to chase down the "blown fuse", when it was just the dimmer switch had been turned.

- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
Old 01-25-2011, 10:54 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Garage
It just happend to me this past weekend when changing gauge clusters. I thought my new cluster was broken until I finally realized that I had turned down the lighting wheel when taking apart the dash. Doh!

Don - 2005 Armada SE 4x4 - PGM 90mm Throttle Body, JBA LT headers, Cajun Catted B-pipes, Borla Duel SS Cat-Back, UpRev, Injen CAI, 6" Pro Comp Lift, Ballistic Jesters, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Train Horn, lights, sirens

Old 01-25-2011, 09:56 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

This may not be true on the Armada. On most cars the dash lights being out is warning that the tail lights are out. Check that out.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:20 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

I had the exact problem on my '04 and it turned out to be the dimmer switch itself needed replacing. It's really easy to do once you have the part and as soon as I plugged the new switch in- then there was light, and the light was good! No problems since.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:34 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

After reading this thread, I had the dimmer replaced at a shop and while driving home, I got that smokey smellin' that can only be burning insulation and saw a wisp of smoke emerge from the Dimmer bezel! Ahhhhhh!! Are there known shorting issues with the dash lights? Is this why led conversion is popular on the Armada?
Old 09-02-2011, 12:45 AM
SHIFT_Administrator

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

No known problems with the dimmer. You must have a wire shorted to ground.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:33 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Welcome to CA pnaffziger!