Need your opinions about Pathfinders and Armadas - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Need your opinions about Pathfinders and Armadas

Hey everyone, I am looking in to buying 05-07 Pathfinder or Armada, but before I do anything I would like to hear from you any ups or downs of this vehicles. Any problems that they have or will have in the future. Currently I have an 05 4Runner Sport Edition with the V8 4.7 with most of the option you could ask. I love my car excpet one thing , front bucket seats are very , very uncomfortable. I dont know how Toyota could make these vehicles like that, but lately my back is killing me in that vehicle. My 93 Altima has better seats. I read few threads already , and now I am looking for something as good as my 4runner but with better seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 02:40 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

I have a 2004 Aramada and the only problem that I had was with the Brakes. That problem has been fixed with a recall but I now buy slotted rotors and pads other than nissan parts so no problems.
So the 2007 Armada shouldn't have any problems for you and it should be a good fit.

Also, welcome to CA......
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 09:38 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I had a '98, 3.3 liter, 6 cylinder Pathfinder. I assume that the newer models are still 6 cylinder. You wouldn't be happy with the power of the Pathfinder. Outside of that, my Pathfinder never failed me.

I replaced it with an '07 Armada LE 4x4 with low mileage. I immediately loved this SUV. Then I found this forum and the few annoyances I came across with the vehicle, I found solutions here. If you are handy with a wrench, there are some minor things you will probably want to do. OEM Brake rotors seem to be of low quality and will warp on you. Replace with aftermarket rotors and pads and you are good to go.

Gas mileage is not the greatest.

A few other known issues are some irritating creaks and rattles inside the cabin. Again, the forum folks have already been through the pain of finding them and providing solutions. Cooling system hose clamps can be another area that may require a small investment of time.

I also happened to have a radiator that went bad and was happy I purchased the extended warranty when I bought the vehicle. The radiator was replaced under that warranty and I am one third of the way to recouping the cost of my extended warranty

The 5.6L engine has a lot of performance potential. You can unleash it with a few mods. I recently put in an Injen air intake, Borla exhaust system and did a Bully Dog tune. The sound is fantastic and the performance is beyond what I had imagined.

I can easily say that this is the best vehicle I have owned. By far. And I am no spring chicken.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
'07 LE 4x4, Injen PowerFlow intake, SuperChips tuned, Borla dual exhaust, Bilstein struts, Michelin LTX MS2's, PowerSlot slotted rotors/Akebono pads, Goodridge SS brake lines, KMC-XD Monster rims, Viper remote start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tchjts1; 04-13-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 10:10 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Well I have a titan & a 08 pathfinder. I tow my camper with the titan but I have put it behind the pathfinder & it pulled it. Not as well as the titan but still didnt have any real problems. I think you will be happy with either choise you make.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 10:11 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Welcome to the Club!! I've got 110,000 mileson my 06, the only annoyance was the inferior brakes, once I upgraded to better equipment I've no major problems, just do the routine maintainance. And, these Armadas are way more comfy than a 4runner!

Jerry's 06 SE off road
07+ Intake, Injen CAI, JBA long tubes, Gibson Cat Back, UpRev tuned, 08 caliper kit w/ Frozen/Slotted Rotors, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Stillen 2-row/aluminum Radiator, PML pan, TransGo shift kit, 2" PRG lift, Bilstein 5100s, 20" Fuel Pump w/295/60/20 Terra Graps, 4ga. Grounding Kit, LEDs & HIDs, Kenwood DNX-9960 Alpine PDX amps, Kef separates,
(2) underseat
subs w/Kenwood 10' slims, Twin Stinger Batteries, remote start & protection by Python

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 10:32 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Garage
There's not one single Toyota made that I'd rather own. I love the old FJ40 and like the new FJ Cruiser but they lack alot of the room inside and tow capacity. The Sequoia, phssshh, can't even hold a candle in comparison unless someone's looking for a 4x4 minivan. .

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Thanx for all the info , I do like Armada's , but how are they on gas, if you dont push them and do regular city driving and highway. I heard 5.6 is very hungry comparing to other v8's. Is that true and one last thing ,I know Armadas are not exactly for the off roading but if I would take one , how would it handle ???
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 10:33 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene87 View Post
... I know Armadas are not exactly for the off roading but if I would take one , how would it handle ???
I think I must've forgot to read that part.... A 4x4 that cannot Offroad is a total waste for me since I still hit oil well sites every once in a blue moon, and they're actually pretty AWESOME for mid offroading as long as you don't get too crazy mud bogging all the time. I'd put mine up against any stock Hummer H2 anytime and I have plenty of room for more people to ride along with me.

... and a few old pics:

Sorry to post so many and there's more but, that should get the point across...

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

Last edited by Pops; 04-14-2010 at 10:53 PM.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 11:47 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

That last picture is beast, Pops. or did u **** your camera to the side. jk
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Nice Armada you have there , I really like the lift and that is very convincing about 4x4ing. Last thing that concerns me . I read almoust all reviews on nissanhelp.com about Armadas and Pathfinders , and many pepole write very nasty things about them , about brakes , about rattling and shaking , electrical problems and cheap interior materials. Is that all true ?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode