LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Satelite radio

Hallo,
I read somewhere, that if I want to use satellite radio with original audio system I have to have this system pre-wired from factory. How do I recognize, if I do have this or just a regular audio? I do have Pathfinder LE with 9 speaker BOSE radio + factory navigation. I want to hook up XM receiver, does also anybody know where to get one and do I need to use original factory receiver?
Thank you Michael

'05 Pathfinder LE 4x4, Silver, Graphite, Wood accents, Navigation, Dual zone Automatic A/C, 9 Speaker BOSE audio w/ in-dash 6 CD/MP3 changer, Rear and Front backup sensors, Tinted Windows, Original Front Czech license plate

'05 Ford Five Hundred SEL, Merlot, Pebble, Wood accents, Dual zone Automatic A/C, 6 Speaker audio w/ in-dash 6 CD/MP3 changer, Rear backup sensors, Tinted Windows

'05 Tracker Tahoe 195 I/O Deckboat, MerCruiserŽ 4.3L 190 HP, Wood accents

'03 Kawasaki STX-12F JetSki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 03:07 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TooTall Send a message via Yahoo to TooTall
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavouk
Hallo,
I read somewhere, that if I want to use satellite radio with original audio system I have to have this system pre-wired from factory. How do I recognize, if I do have this or just a regular audio? I do have Pathfinder LE with 9 speaker BOSE radio + factory navigation. I want to hook up XM receiver, does also anybody know where to get one and do I need to use original factory receiver?
Thank you Michael
I'm pretty sure that all Nissans 2004 and up come pre-wired for satellite if the Bose system is installed. My 2003 Murano w/Bose did not come pre-wired even though there was a "SAT" button on the radio. But, people were buying the harness for the FX-35/45 and pre-wiring the Murano with Satellite.

I would be surprised if yours isnt pre-wired already. Ask the dealer. They should know.

2005 Galaxy LE 4x2
W/Navi & DVD
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 03:26 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Factory system is the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavouk
Hallo,
Thank you Michael
There is nothing special about the Armada Head unit. Have to ask the dealer about Pathy. It is the Satellite Receiver that is what is added (plug and play, no mods necessary). You can go to Nissan and ask them to put it in. Cost is $400 option. Designed to be controlled through your factory unit, just hit the mode button to cycle through your options (CD, DVD, AM/FM, Satellite). Can get XM or Sirius. I have Sirius and love it. Listed to the Philadelpia Eagles put a woopin' on Cincinnati the other night from Florida. Can't do that on XM.

Last edited by FL_Crushin; 08-28-2005 at 03:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 05:58 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

If you have your own XM receiver you can just buy the PAC AAI-NIS auxillary adapter and that will give you 2 aux inputs and you can use one for ur XM and the 2nd for mp3 player...

the PAC unit plugs into the back of your radio into the SAT plug and you can just hit the radio button to get to the SAT channel to listen to whatever is being played thru the aux input...

i also have the navi in my LE and i just use 1 for my iPod i don't spend enough time in my car to get sat radio...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 08:06 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Pathfinder XM w/ Bose Stereo

From what I understand the Pathfinder LE w/ Bose Stereo comes pre-wired for XM Radio. All that *should* be required is the get the XM Tuner kit, Bracket, Antennae to hook up to the back of the factory stereo.
I am planning on purchasing this from here:
http://nissan.autowebaccessories.com...d38310e14cfc50

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode