Once again, Nissan did poorly in reliability Reports - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Once again, Nissan did poorly in reliability Reports

Consumer Reports again ranked Nissan the worst of the worst with the Nissan Titan and Nissan Armada ranking the least reliable vehicle out of all in their categories. The Nissan Quest and Nissan Sentra also rated the least reliable also.

With this continueing I guess I'll have to stop referring to Toyota, Honda, and Nissan as the reliable 3, perhaps now just the reliable 2.

Hopefully Nissan will take note and step up their reliability as they were in 2000.

Have a good one.

Current
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with 4.6L V8 w/ 292 Hp and 300 lbs of torque; tow rating of 7000 lbs trailer weight & 730 lbs tongue weight; Base Payload of 1400 lbs and Useable Payload of 1220 lbs. after Hard Tonneau Cover, Built In Bedliner, Side Step Rails, Tow Package and Interior Vehicle Options. More Capability than my Titan with a soft Tonneau (Tow 6500#/650#; Useable Payload 1213#) .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gone!

Click on Pic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 09:26 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Can't pull up the article, but see this for my review of CR. https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/sho...?t=3051&page=2

Lowered SUVs are Beneath me. W in '04. Thank me!

'05 Armada LE 4x4, Red Brawn, Graphite, Tech, DVD, Terra Grapplers 305-55-20, MB Motoring Express 20x9, 6000k HID lows, Silverstar 9005 highs & 893 fogs, Lund Stainless Steel Bug Shield, Timing advanced 2 degrees
'92 Vette Vert Black,6-Spd,Lots of mods (For Sale)
'04 G35 Sedan-Black,Sport,wing,all opt.
'02 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T (Hers)
'04 Kawi STX-15F JetSki

|
|
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92TripleBlack
Can't pull up the article, but see this for my review of CR. https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/sho...?t=3051&page=2
I never had any respect for CR but while Toyota and Honda do very good good, Nissan continues to do bad in their publication.

My parents have a 2005 Sentra and love it. I really like my Pathfinder except for some paint problems. My 2000 Xterra had no paint problems like my Pathfinder and Titan, but had more new model problems. It was very reliable none the less.

I'm surprised at the ratings of the Sentra and Quest as these 2 vehicles should be their bread and butter as most families have minivans and most younger families drive econocars. My parents went with the Sentra because of gas mileage and the ease of driving a smaller car. My step dad drives a F150 but they drive the Sentra when they drive together. Sold their Mustang Mach 1 since it was a bit much for mom in the winter. Surprisingly, even though the Sentra is a sardine can, it's more roomy than the Mustang.

While I absolutely hate the Titan because of all my troubles and others troubles, I though the Armada was different not sharing many of the Titan's problem area. I know the 2004 had bugs but thought they'd be worked out in 2006 or 2005 at least.

Have a good one.

Current
with 4.6L V8 w/ 292 Hp and 300 lbs of torque; tow rating of 7000 lbs trailer weight & 730 lbs tongue weight; Base Payload of 1400 lbs and Useable Payload of 1220 lbs. after Hard Tonneau Cover, Built In Bedliner, Side Step Rails, Tow Package and Interior Vehicle Options. More Capability than my Titan with a soft Tonneau (Tow 6500#/650#; Useable Payload 1213#) .

Gone!

Click on Pic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 03:23 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

They are full of it! Check their small note.
Quote:
2007 models unless otherwise noted.
*Predicted reliability based on only one model year.
and I am sure that that is the '04 before corrections were made. I don't remember ever getting any request from Consumer Reports for my opion. How the hell can you predict reliability!?

Last edited by BlakSpyda; 11-13-2006 at 08:47 AM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakSpyda
They are full of it! Check their small noe.

and I am sure that that is the '04 before corrections were made. I don't remember ever getting any request from Consumer Reports for my opion. How the hell can you predict reliability!?
That was only for these models:

Quote:
Chevrolet Tahoe*
GMC Yukon*

2007 models unless otherwise noted.
*Predicted reliability based on only one model year.
The other 2007 vehicle weren't based on just one model year.

Have a good one.

Current

Gone!

Click on Pic

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 08:54 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Up
Consumer Reports again ranked Nissan the worst of the worst with the Nissan Titan and Nissan Armada ranking the least reliable vehicle out of all in their categories. The Nissan Quest and Nissan Sentra also rated the least reliable also.

With this continueing I guess I'll have to stop referring to Toyota, Honda, and Nissan as the reliable 3, perhaps now just the reliable 2.

Hopefully Nissan will take note and step up their reliability as they were in 2000.

Have a good one.
I have written to CR on several ocasions and asked how they do their ratings They have been using the 2004 test for two years. I have found that their magzine seems to be the only one to give us a bad rap.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 08:49 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Still smells like

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 09:01 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Send a message via Yahoo to galaktified
It all comes down to how I like MY purchase and how much it's been reliable and safe for me and thus far i'm loving my Nissan

'05 Galaxy Black 4x4 SE
PRESENT....Brush Grille Guard....XM Satellite Radio....9" Myron and Davis flip down monitor with two 7" headrest monitors with DVD, TV tuner, Video Game port and two wireless headsets...Bosch ICON wipers...Modified black housing with HID's...Fog lights...Injen PF intake...2 Degree timing advance...
FOR NOW until I amass more wealth

FUTURE....Borla Split Rear Dual Exhaust...Tow Hitch and Receiver...Black Running Boards....Black Grille....and That's all about it....Keeping it SIMPLE but REAL...

Nes
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 02:46 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Kerr Send a message via Yahoo to Kerr
its the little thing that make the owners mad. then when the dealer acts like they dont care is when you get the bad reports.

On the other hand we bought a band new pathfinder, Jan of 05 drive it 25K miles, got into two accidents, and i used it off road for work. Not one problem or even a squeek of interior noise.

Traded it in on a 06 Armada in July and it broke the second day we had it. Im at 6K miles and the dealer has replaced.
1) 1 window motor.
2) 1 window regulator.
3) squeeling belts.
4) on order: body mounts, bolts, etc...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 09:37 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakSpyda
They are full of it! Check their small note.

Yup. Worthless crap.

Lowered SUVs are Beneath me. W in '04. Thank me!

'05 Armada LE 4x4, Red Brawn, Graphite, Tech, DVD, Terra Grapplers 305-55-20, MB Motoring Express 20x9, 6000k HID lows, Silverstar 9005 highs & 893 fogs, Lund Stainless Steel Bug Shield, Timing advanced 2 degrees
'92 Vette Vert Black,6-Spd,Lots of mods (For Sale)
'04 G35 Sedan-Black,Sport,wing,all opt.
'02 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T (Hers)
'04 Kawi STX-15F JetSki

|
|

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode