Pathfinder to Armada ... maybe :-) - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By crazy4trains
  • 1 Post By marctronixx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Pathfinder to Armada ... maybe :-)

Hi guys!

I live in the Netherlands and currently own a '05 Pathfinder 4.0 V6. I really love this car but they only thing missing is a V8. I know there are V8 Pathfinders, but not over here. There are only 12 V6's over here; all the rest are diesel. Now an '09 Armada LE has come for sale and it is very tempting for me to buy it. So I hope you guys can help me in my decision :-)

The Armada is imported from Dubai (owner moved to the Netherlands in 2012) and this means the navigation systems does not seem to work in Europe. There are no DVD's available as far as I can see. This is some issue for me as I need navigation a lot. Does anyone of you know if there is a way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 12:29 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)

Hallo met marc!

Sadly , Nissan only license dvd updates for USA, Mexico, and canada.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 09:38 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

Just use a phone or stand alone GPS. I would not let that stop me from buying a vehicle that I wanted.
marctronixx likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 11:12 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

^^^^^ defintely agree !!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Thanks guys! Last weekend I test drove the Armada and loved the power and more soft ride then my Pathfinder. It is also a lot bigger :-)

Too bad there is no option for Europe navigation DVD's. Are the Titan ones the same? Maybe they have Europe content.

The current owner is now looking into getting the towing weight on the vehicle registration because that is my concern. I want to be able to tow my Jeep and Mustang and the weight has to be on the papers here in the Netherlands.

The Armada has no towhitch and no towing package (no tow button on the middle console). I know that the gear rations might be different due to this and maybe a transmission cooler is missing. Does anyone know if the tow electrics are prewired when I want to add a towbar? Or do I have to cut into the harness?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 08:46 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

You can add the tow hitch, and the plug should be already under the car if memory serves. You don’t have the different gear ratios, nor the cooler, but i thought on non tow pack cars there was still a tow mode button? I may be wrong but i thought this was the case. All is does is just retard the shifting points a bit.

In terms of Navi, the titan is in the same boat. Again, just use your smartphone. You could even install an LED/lcd screen/monitor, wire up an Apple TV or simiiilar box, and have a mobile av setup. Many many options in the aftermarket world....
mrobers likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 09:18 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Garage
The navigation on the Armadas is terrible anyway. Google Maps is what I use here in the states.

Paul

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode