New owner of 08 Armada LE
Just picked up an 08 LE with 181 on the clock and no reverse. So far Iíve put a a bunch of time and money in it to get it back on the road. I picked it up from the original owner who ignored some issues. I checked the compression before I started 165 averaged +/- 3 to 5 psi. With the help of this forum and the fsm I was able to replace the following:
1) cooling system - new koyo radiator, OEM water pump, OEM t stat, off-road gorilla coolant hoses, Nissan coolant.
2) driveline - used but clearly recently rebuilt transmission from a yard. Although I've got a bunch of transmission codes now so Iím not sure whatís up with that yet have a diagnostic appointment with Nissan Monday. 12 qts of Nissan matic s fluid. Replaced rear diff fluid, moog u joints front and rear both drive shafts, transfer case fluid, transfer case seals front and rear, front diff fluid and one axle seal. Still waiting in the front diff pinion seal. Had an alignment done and I need to post about that in another section. This thing drives like crap!
3) brakes - new rotors and pads all around (centric premium rotors and posi quiet pads)
4) engine - oil change and filter, air filter, pcv valves, injectors cleaned by Witchhunter performance, JBA headers, Cajun b pipes with heavy metal cats, new header gaskets and pipe gaskets from Nissan, uprev tune, ngk plugs, up stream Denso o2 sensors.
5) misc - found the third row seat trunk buttons unplugged from some work done from a trailer incident (easy fix!). Rear gate outside handle micro switch bad and replaced with a used one. Rear hatch glass seal clogged up with dirt and leaking, replaced with a used one and cleaned the glass. Rear glass struts also bad, replaced with used. Had a p0447 code and found a cut wire to the evap valve so had to repair that and the code went away. I also unplugged the big connector just behind the RF wheel troubleshooting and if you do that make sure you fully seat it again. I had a lot of odd codes until I got it seated again fully, but sheís working good now. Had to replace the clock spring due to an airbag light found that a wire in the clock spring failing. I also had the vdc off, slip, abs, brake and 4wd lights on. The brake light went away on its own and just yesterday after 300 miles of driving the 4wd and abs lights decided they didnít want to be on. So now Iím done to the vdc and slip lights. I had to clean the battery cable a bunch, it might have been the worse one Iíve ever seen.
Iíve got a set of new used bfg AT tires ready to go on, but am waiting for my compressor motor to return so I can use my tire machine.
Iím not new to Nissan. Iíve had plenty of 240sxís (thus the name) and currently have a 2013 Xterra (Titan swapped front suspension and lifted) and a 76 Datsun b210 with an sr20det swap I am working on. Iím a big Subaru fan as well so Iíve got a few of them.
Hopefully I can post in other threads now!