• 1 Post By Highbrow Hillbilly w/HBMC
  • 1 Post By Highbrow Hillbilly w/HBMC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

I was invited here by another QX56 owner and decided to come join up!

My first question is why don't these late model QX56/QX80s seem to have much representation here in Forumland? The used prices I've seen make these a reasonable option IMO. Is it brand perception? The perception being, these are only SUVs for posh little soccer moms? Whenever I do a search I come up with very little. Hopefully I can add some positive content in that realm. I'll try not to Hillbilly it up too awful much

We bought our 2011 QX56 in 2016 and I basically love this thing. I've seen just over 20mpg on the highway. It tows well. Been offroad a bit here and there and even on factory tires it did decent. It now rides on 285/55r22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s.

This is our second Nissan/Infiniti product we have bought used. We have had a great experience with both rigs and it looks like we will continue to be in an Infiniti of some sort, for a good long while.
marctronixx likes this.

2011 QX56 loaded with everything including, you guessed it, HBMC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stuffed with 285/55r22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 07:47 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)

hi and welcome.

most folks usually post up when they have issues. there is a small group of folks who are excited and want to participate.

every now and again I see an excited member such as yourself, but people like you don't sign up that often as in the past.

this site used to have tons of armada members who would post daily/hourly even. now its just a handful of old school cats who are still around wo usually come out to help new members, then go back into lurk mode.

dont let the fact that the lack of members here have qx's. this is a armada site (just look at the name) and id look for a site that had "qx" or something like that in the heading, but thats just me.

im a proud owner of a 12 qx and before that i had a 2006 and 2006 loaded armada.

you are not alone sir, but with busy lives, family, and more things to do in the real world, people dont have much time to chat on forums.

Last edited by marctronixx; 12-09-2018 at 07:50 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
hi and welcome.

most folks usually post up when they have issues. there is a small group of folks who are excited and want to participate.

every now and again I see an excited member such as yourself, but people like you don't sign up that often as in the past.

this site used to have tons of armada members who would post daily/hourly even. now its just a handful of old school cats who are still around wo usually come out to help new members, then go back into lurk mode.

dont let the fact that the lack of members here have qx's. this is a armada site (just look at the name) and id look for a site that had "qx" or something like that in the heading, but thats just me.

im a proud owner of a 12 qx and before that i had a 2006 and 2006 loaded armada.

you are not alone sir, but with busy lives, family, and more things to do in the real world, people dont have much time to chat on forums.
Since the 2017+Armada and the 2011+QX56/QX80 are essentially the same platform I figure I'd have more in common with Armada and Patrol owners than your standard Ininiti owner.
marctronixx likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 01:01 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Hey, I didn't even recognize it was you until you sent me a PM again. That is because you changed your screen name. It is different from the one on the patrol4x4 website. Well, glad I could get you over here to join.

Welcome here. You will get a lot more info here than ion the patrol4x4 website where we have been emailing each other.

Don't forget to share with us how the 0w20 you are using on your 2011 QX is holding up for you. I know it is working great. And I told you I am going the same route now. So, I will be doing my oil change soon and it will be with the 0w20 that the 2018s are using. And I will be using a large filter than is not recommended anywhere for our car, bit it fits and works great! I will keep you posted.

This same car is spaced for 10w30 in Mexico. That is what the manual says. In fact, the manual shows you can use many different weights based on the climate where you are living. I did take a picture of that and may share here on my maintenance thread.

Nice to have you here.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 09:25 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbrow Hillbilly w/HBMC View Post
Since the 2017+Armada and the 2011+QX56/QX80 are essentially the same platform I figure I'd have more in common with Armada and Patrol owners than your standard Ininiti owner.
You are correct.
My point is this is a PRO armada forum with the qx as an afterthought. There are other QX PRO forums on the net where you may find more qx owners than armada owners. I frequent a couple so I know.

Nevetheless, happy you’re here sir.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
You are correct.
My point is this is a PRO armada forum with the qx as an afterthought. There are other QX PRO forums on the net where you may find more qx owners than armada owners. I frequent a couple so I know.

Nevetheless, happy you’re here sir. Thanks
Do those folks treat their QXs like Sport Utility Vehicles that 'could' be taken offload? Or are they straight pavement pounders for the most part? That is the reason I joined the Patrol forum. I didn't join here or there to see what everyone else was doing with their QX's. Nor did I necessarily want to show everyone how awesome the QX is. It was more like "hey these guys have similar rigs and some use those rigs kinda in the same way I do." That's it.

I browsed through some Infiniti forums and didn't see much that interested me. Maybe things have changed in the last couple years?

Not trying to exasperate you here I promise

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 10:50 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbrow Hillbilly w/HBMC View Post

"hey these guys have similar rigs and some use those rigs kinda in the same way I do."
Some people who share info on how they use their rigs or what they do to their rigs is part of the entertainment on the forums. That is one of the things that make some people who are bored some times at home to stop by the forum to just read things and not share anything else.

Since it seems you too use your QX offroad, would be nice to share some of your adventure stories, pictures and or videos even.

Do you have some pictures of some of your adventures with your QX to share? Would be cool to see them. You know the people on latrol4x4 share pictures of their rigs and pictures of their adventures.

I put my QX to real use. I love to travel and travel a lot and never baby my QX on the highway. It is not only on the highway that I see its prowess. I have taken in on some real treacherous offroad trails that people expressed to me that they would never think someone would bring this car here and they never thought I would make it. While they are in the Jeeps and Toyotas wondering if I will make it through some trails, I am in 4Lo and just light on the gas and watching my lines as my QX is crawling up those mountains in Colorado.

Here is my favorite road trip so far. Feel free to take a look at pictures of my QX in the mountains and take some time to read about those trails on the internet.

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/usa-can-usa-july-2017-16-us-states-and-4-canadian-provinces.171572/page-7
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetitFrereArmada View Post
Some people who share info on how they use their rigs or what they do to their rigs is part of the entertainment on the forums. That is one of the things that make some people who are bored some times at home to stop by the forum to just read things and not share anything else.

Since it seems you too use your QX offroad, would be nice to share some of your adventure stories, pictures and or videos even.

Do you have some pictures of some of your adventures with your QX to share? I wouldn't call them adventures per se, more like coincidental offroading. Haven't purposely 'gone wheeling'. And I most likely won't anytime soon. Would be silly for me to go balls out wheeling in this unnecessarily when my pickup is far more capable. And I don't need to worry about it in the slightest. I may drive the QX quite often, but 'Helga' is my wife's ride. And I need to keep it somewhat svelte. Having said that, there has been a few times in the last couple years, where we've been out in the dirt with branches scraping the sides scratching up the clear coat. Wife's face Would be cool to see them. You know the people on latrol4x4 share pictures of their rigs and pictures of their adventures.

I put my QX to real use. I love to travel and travel a lot and never baby my QX on the highway. It is not only on the highway that I see its prowess. I have taken in on some real treacherous offroad trails that people expressed to me that they would never think someone would bring this car here and they never thought I would make it. While they are in the Jeeps and Toyotas wondering if I will make it through some trails, I am in 4Lo and just light on the gas and watching my lines as my QX is crawling up those mountains in Colorado.

Here is my favorite road trip so far. Feel free to take a look at pictures of my QX in the mountains and take some time to read about those trails on the internet.

https://www.expeditionportal.com/for....171572/page-7
Looks like you had a nice trip. Thanks for sharing.

I had a few photo op pics of our rig at a couple spots on my phone that was stolen. Next time we take it somewhere that seems picture worthy I'll get a few and post them. Mainly this is just our family rig and daily driver. I just like to know it'll do whatever I ask of it within reason. Getting rid of those factory Bridgestone Duelers was of utmost importance in that department.......those tires blow. It will be nice to see what this thing will crawl up in 4lo now with some decent rubber under it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode