LEDs and FX-Rs Bi-xenon retrofit/HID PICS. - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)

Garage
LEDs and FX-Rs Bi-xenon retrofit/HID PICS.

I finally had some time to take pics of the LED pkg. that our very own ArmaDen sells as these pics were long overdue. The other pics are of the FX-R Bi-xenon projector retrofit which shows the fine cutoff, distanced and wide angled distribution of light.

Light output of the FX-R Bi-xenon projectors

*Switched to High-Beams. The stock 9005 halogens have been replaced with 3W directional projector LEDs, via ArmaDen of course.
Drive on the left lane, and slower than the posted speed limit, say hello to the light show.

LED int/ext, Reverse Lights-LEDs package via ArmaDen

"I may think I have inalienable rights to be alive and happy but I don't - life is a blessing."

- Terrence McNally

Last edited by primoV8; 01-15-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 08:50 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sweet, The interior lights look awesome. What is the bulb number forthe interior lights?

07 Galaxy Black SE 4X4.
Fully Loaded.Big Tow.Crimestopper Remote Start
BellTech 2" Lift Struts.Chrome 20" Wheels.
Nitto Terra Graplers 305 55 20.
Billet Grill.Billet Bumper
Flowmaster 3" Exhaust
R1 Concepts Slotted.Drilled Rotors
Goodrich Stainless Brake Lines
HID's High/Low/Fogs
LED Interior Kit- ArmaDen
Line Of Fire
Prodigy P3 Brake Controller
K&N Aircharger.

06 28ft. Wave Camper
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 08:57 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Sweet.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 10:16 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Nice Primo. I have the interior led's too from ArmaDen and think they are awesome. I am very envious of the retrofit you have there. It is high on my list of things to do. Especially now that one of my headlamps has condensation in it. All the more reason to go ahead, open it up and get it done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06 SE 4WD Red Brawn, Leather, Tow Package, 2* timing, Borla dual exhaust, Injen cai, 4300k hid, Hyper Grounding Wire, Bilstein 5100s, PRG Mini Lift, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Second row bench changed to captains chairs and Console,Hunter Bull Bar, Nitto Terra Grappler 325/60/18.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Garage
Thanks for the feedback.

scot0410- I had the chance to buy these retrofitted already, last year. I had them on and after seeing its first day of rain, moisture began to build up inside.
I opened them up, cleaned the housing thoroughly, and dried everything up(using silicant gel packets ) and with a lint free cloth.
I resealed the headlights using Nissan butyl sealant, a near perfect bead as I am very meticulous with the overall finish since I've done retrofits in the past.

When I opened up the headlights, the retrofit is probably the easiet one I've seen so far. The size of the armada's headlights gives you an opportunity to use a range of OEM xenon projectors. There is so much room, fitting projectors inside requires minimal cutting and sizing. If I had the time to spare, I would be doing this for others interested because compared to what I've retrofitted in the past, the armada would be cake.

And besides the bi-xenon output of this retrofit, I can still use the OEM headlight adjustment screw to fix the height of beam.

"I may think I have inalienable rights to be alive and happy but I don't - life is a blessing."

- Terrence McNally
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 05:39 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Really NICE Primo it changes the look of the Armadas, was gonna get the LEDs for the holidays but instead went ahead and charged a snow blower, which im kinda glad i did with the blizzard we had but will order them and install in the spring. If you should ever plan on doing the retrofit of the headlite ill be a customer
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Garage
RC340- I'm sure that snowblower is going to see alot of use this winter so I don't blame you.

If you ever decide on the retrofit, let me know and I'll do my best to help you out.

This weekend, I'll take pics of ArmaDen's 9005 3W directional LEDs w/o the FX-Rs connected so you guys can see how they look. Later this spring, I plan on re-wiring those 9005 LEDs to work as DRLs since I don't need them as highs anymore.

- Terrence McNally
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 07:07 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Nice Primo. I have the LED but for some reson I had 2 inside that burn now my driver door is flickering and 1 in the license plate is about to die.

2012 Titan PRO4X S&B cai, 2* Advance Timing, 6500k HID, 1000w sub with 500w rms amp, 18" XD RockStars with 33" BF Trails, BD GT, Volant Double Exhaust,
LED interior,
------------ROB-------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 09:32 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Hey Primo,

Thanks for the post - I ordered the same kit based on your pics. Any tips? Anything you wish you'd have known before you started? This is my first retrofit, but I'm pretty handy with stuff like this.

Thanks, Rich
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Garage
Rich,

This was a retrofit I didn't do; I had the opportunity to purchase these already done. But I did have to open to them again due to moisture, resealed, and its been almost a year now and problem free.

Being this is your first retrofit, take your time. When you can, sign up on www.hidplanet.com and you'll have all the info needed to guide you through the retrofit. Plenty of different methods from opening the lens, installing the projectors, wiring, etc.. but the majority end up with successful retrofits.

I'll send a PM when I can this weekend with some tips of my own. It'll be lengthy PM, lol.

Good Luck with the project!

- Terrence McNally

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode