LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
A day at the beach

Went to the beach (Padre Island) today. Here are some photos.

One of my favorite spots to eat (Boat n Net). Don't be deceived by its exterior.

The Mada. Dead Seaweed everywhere!!!

...and the beach.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TRADED IN: 2005 Nissan Armada SE Smoke: 2.5 NCD front/PRG 2" rear, 305/55 Nitto Terras, 20" Xd Hoss, Bilstein HDs, 18" Magnaflow Muffler (12" exhaust tip removed), 4" Airaid MXP Missile Intake, Tint (35%front/5%back), Bedlined Mirror Caps & Door Handles, Plasti Dipped Front/Rear Bumper, Removed Air Dam, Debadged, Smoke LED Tail Lights, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Headlight Mod on Halo Projectors, 5000k Lows/Fogs, 5000k Switchback Turnsignals, Interior LED Swap, Superchips Tuned.

CURRENT VEHICLES:
2012 Toyota Prius IV
2004 Isuzu Rodeo

Last edited by sidgarza; 05-16-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 02:44 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Man I've always wanted to hit up South Padre Island. They say its so much better than Galveston. Those pics are beautiful and the Mada is looking good! Maybe if gas drops to around $3.50 a gallon I'll make the trip.

2007 QX56 4WD AEM Brute Force Intake plus more to come
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
1997 Chevy Crappalier
1991 Acura Legend Coupe Black on Black on Black!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 03:02 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Looks good! There is a favorite burger place around here with similar looks but the people (including myself) line up.

06 SE 4WD Red Brawn, Leather, Tow Package, 2* timing, Borla dual exhaust, Injen cai, 4300k hid, Hyper Grounding Wire, Bilstein 5100s, PRG Mini Lift, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Second row bench changed to captains chairs and Console,Hunter Bull Bar, Nitto Terra Grappler 325/60/18.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Garage
Quote:
professorbryce - Man I've always wanted to hit up South Padre Island. They say its so much better than Galveston.
Yeah its pretty nice other than the dead seaweed. You literally have to take a shovel or rake to get that stuff out of the way to make the sand playable. I went again this past Saturday and the seaweed was worse and much drier. It felt like walking on a bunch of uncooked Ramon noodles...lol. Not that I have ever done that.

TRADED IN: 2005 Nissan Armada SE Smoke: 2.5 NCD front/PRG 2" rear, 305/55 Nitto Terras, 20" Xd Hoss, Bilstein HDs, 18" Magnaflow Muffler (12" exhaust tip removed), 4" Airaid MXP Missile Intake, Tint (35%front/5%back), Bedlined Mirror Caps & Door Handles, Plasti Dipped Front/Rear Bumper, Removed Air Dam, Debadged, Smoke LED Tail Lights, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Headlight Mod on Halo Projectors, 5000k Lows/Fogs, 5000k Switchback Turnsignals, Interior LED Swap, Superchips Tuned.

CURRENT VEHICLES:
2012 Toyota Prius IV
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 07:48 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Nice................

2012 Titan PRO4X S&B cai, 2* Advance Timing, 6500k HID, 1000w sub with 500w rms amp, 18" XD RockStars with 33" BF Trails, BD GT, Volant Double Exhaust,
LED interior,
------------ROB-------------

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 10:41 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Nice Mada! I was just down there all last week. i wish it was a little bit closer because it is much nicer than galveston. took about 10 hrs from Ft Worth and i was able to get my mpg to 20.2!
hate to admit it but i got stuck in the sand...

2012 Lakeshore Slate Platinum, *Airaid MXP*, *LED interior*, *1.25" Bora adapters all around*
in the works, custom grille, headlight mod
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Garage
Some good MPG right there!!! Dont worry I got stuck once as well, when I first got the Mada. I forgot to turn off the VDC and right when it hit the sand it got stuck and some big o tired/lifted 4x4 bronco came and towed me out. At the last minute I realized about the VDC but it was too late he had me hooked up already. Some of these guys just drive up and down the beach looking for stuck vehicles and ask for a small donation. I gave him 5...lol, it was all I had unless he had a portable card swiper. He asked "Aren't those bad boys 4x4" and I replied "not this bad boy"

CURRENT VEHICLES:
2012 Toyota Prius IV
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by opm1805 View Post
Nice Mada! I was just down there all last week. i wish it was a little bit closer because it is much nicer than galveston. took about 10 hrs from Ft Worth and i was able to get my mpg to 20.2!
hate to admit it but i got stuck in the sand...
Guess what happened to me at the beach today ...

I was backing up from the spot I was in and gave it some gas to get over the part of sand that you see in the pic and there was a car coming up pretty fast so I stopped to avoid hitting him/her and the rest is history.

CURRENT VEHICLES:
2012 Toyota Prius IV
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 10:19 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Oh man. Looks like a tow vehicle was needed to get you out.

06 SE 4WD Red Brawn, Leather, Tow Package, 2* timing, Borla dual exhaust, Injen cai, 4300k hid, Hyper Grounding Wire, Bilstein 5100s, PRG Mini Lift, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Second row bench changed to captains chairs and Console,Hunter Bull Bar, Nitto Terra Grappler 325/60/18.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Garage
Nah, my wifes cousins bf had a 4x4 and pulled me out. I had maybe 2-3 feet of deep sand to go before getting to the flat sand. So it took one quick tug to get me out on to flat sand...darn 2wd haha. But I still had a blast.

CURRENT VEHICLES:
2012 Toyota Prius IV
2004 Isuzu Rodeo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode