Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
I've used the Mequiars kit on my Maxima and it worked great, looked like brand new. But, they get hazy again in about three months or so. There is some kind of UV coating on the lights when they are new that wears off after time. When you polish the lights, you completely remove the coating, so the lights yellow pretty quick. Other than a film, I haven't found any protectant that replaces that UV coating. But, since it only takes about 5 minutes to do each time, I'm not too worried about it.
BTW, if you have a convertible with a plastic rear window, this stuff works great to make that clear as well.
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author