Lowered to lifted..Pictures and lift result from titan 4x4 coils and Bilsteins - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Lowered to lifted..Pictures and lift result from titan 4x4 coils and Bilsteins

Hey guys, I'll keep it brief:

Earlier today I had a normal height Armada with MotoMetal 18s and 33" BFG tires and lots of plastidip...

This weekend I added:

FRONT
Bilstein 5100 adjustable front shocks (.5", 1 1/2", 3" lift adjustments)
Part number 24-197649...Listed now by Bilstein as a direct fit for Armadas
I ordered from Amazon.com and received 2 days later for $94.59 per shock with free shipping (best price I could find the first week of May 2013)
Total: $189 to my door
In the 1 1/2" setting (middle one)

To match the Bilsteins in the front, I purchased 2008 Nissan Titan Pro4x 4x4 coils from Rockauto.com based on some info from the titan guys. Basically these coils are a tad longer to compensate for the 4x4 extra weight the 08+ titans carry and when these same coils are placed on a 04-07 2wd titan...well you get a lift due to the lower weight of the truck's suspension vs a 4x4 (the spring rate is different so they dont compress as much with the weight)

REAR
For the rear coils I ordered Raybestos 589-1150 Professional Grade Coil Spring Set from Amazon as well. $106.00 shipped to my door. They are listed as "Rear Coil Springs, 4WD, PROFESSIONAL GRADE - SE" BIG THANKS to theJrod for the research on that one. They are the 2207 pound load rating heavier springs.

To the rear coils I also added:
Rancho RS70076 Quick Lift Rear Kit (79 bucks to my door from Amazon.com)

I gained over 4 inches of lift in each corner.
I had expected at a minimum of 3" from some research but its officially confirmed . No dreaded coil bucket contact, smoother ride thanks to Bilstein. I'll post the actual before/post height figures this weekend but yes 4" of lift all around at minimum. Here is a before and after:

All smiles...the original post is here:

https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24085

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Eli
04 Armada 20s with 35's Nitto RidgeGrapplers, Pinch Weld Mod, Titan 08+ 4x4 coils, Bilstein 5100s (middle setting), Rancho quicklift rear w/Raybestos 589-1150 coils, 22" Magnaflow exhaust, limo tint, Debadged, Billet grille, bull bar, rear brush guard, Armaden LED package, Torque Pro Vehicle monitoring via Nexus 7 indash tablet (CyanogenMod) ELM327 (OBDII-bluetooth), Viper Alarm, Die Hard Batt, Royal Purple Synthetics...lotsa plastidip
April 2012 Ride of the Month...
Thanks guys

Last edited by Invanity; 11-21-2015 at 03:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Here she is about 2 months ago prior to her transformation:
Lowered (springs for sale), she was on 24s with Rotora Big Brake Kit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Eli
04 Armada 20s with 35's Nitto RidgeGrapplers, Pinch Weld Mod, Titan 08+ 4x4 coils, Bilstein 5100s (middle setting), Rancho quicklift rear w/Raybestos 589-1150 coils, 22" Magnaflow exhaust, limo tint, Debadged, Billet grille, bull bar, rear brush guard, Armaden LED package, Torque Pro Vehicle monitoring via Nexus 7 indash tablet (CyanogenMod) ELM327 (OBDII-bluetooth), Viper Alarm, Die Hard Batt, Royal Purple Synthetics...lotsa plastidip
Thanks guys
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 01:55 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congratulations man! Looks awesome.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Interior LED Package, 55W Morimoto 6000k HID Lows, 6000k LED Fogs, Rev Camera, Invisible Car Bra, Upper & lower grille combo, White Door Handles, VOLANT CAI with PowerCore filter, BD Triple Dog GT (Premium Tune + 2 deg)
Bilstein 5100s with maximum lift in the front, 1" Daystar rear lift, Red powdercoated NCP 2773546 NAPA front & 2773545 NAPA rear springs, Rancho 9000XL Rear shocks, F&R Powerstop slotted & drilled rotors with ceramic pads, Front and rear anti-sway bar delete
My Build Thread:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 09:11 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Garage
Very impressive. I love the new look!

Don - 2005 Armada SE 4x4 - PGM 90mm Throttle Body, JBA LT headers, Cajun Catted B-pipes, Borla Duel SS Cat-Back, UpRev, Injen CAI, 6" Pro Comp Lift, Ballistic Jesters, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Train Horn, lights, sirens

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Thanks guys...here are a few pics from the install

Im sooooo happy I made the switch, she is a true beast now....Im soo happy with my Armada...Nissan developed quite an animal. Aren't we all spoiled?!

Time to get her dirty

-Eli
Thanks guys

Last edited by Invanity; 05-26-2013 at 11:11 PM.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 11:27 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Now, aren't you sorry you waited this long to lift it?

Interior LED Package, 55W Morimoto 6000k HID Lows, 6000k LED Fogs, Rev Camera, Invisible Car Bra, Upper & lower grille combo, White Door Handles, VOLANT CAI with PowerCore filter, BD Triple Dog GT (Premium Tune + 2 deg)
Bilstein 5100s with maximum lift in the front, 1" Daystar rear lift, Red powdercoated NCP 2773546 NAPA front & 2773545 NAPA rear springs, Rancho 9000XL Rear shocks, F&R Powerstop slotted & drilled rotors with ceramic pads, Front and rear anti-sway bar delete
My Build Thread:

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

yes sir!!!! now to get me the rear ranchos! How you like yours? and I need a front brush guard like Pops or maybe Drauden...I liked the WAAG one but its no longer available

-Eli
Thanks guys
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 06:55 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Shocks are fine. It's just that the rear is a bit bouncy. Hopefully stiffer springs should do the trick. Waiting in Greg from PRG to come up with some heavy duty ones.

My Build Thread:

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 11:31 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Garage
The parts breakdown on your front end is exactly what I was considering on my LE, but am stonewalled with my LE's load leveling.

Any ideas on how to lift the rear and maintain a factory load level option to match the front? Impossible?
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 04:47 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socially Distorted View Post
The parts breakdown on your front end is exactly what I was considering on my LE, but am stonewalled with my LE's load leveling.

Any ideas on how to lift the rear and maintain a factory load level option to match the front? Impossible?
Do you have a two wheel drive or a four wheel drive? How high do you want to lift the rear? 2"? You could get one of those rear spacers from PRG or you could adjust the auto leveling suspension and raise it two inches. The auto-leveling suspension should not stop you from raising/lifting it.

My Build Thread:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode