• 3 Post By Jnight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I Love My Mada

Proud 3rd owner of beautiful 2010 titanium 4x4. Purchased at 101xxx miles. First weekend serviced both diffs and transfer case. Next weekend oil change and PS flush. Then started having rear brake issues. The sliders were seized on rear DS. and shoes were shot. So off to the local parts store and nobody had the levers in stock.. After some online Shopping had them delivered with full hardware kit and shoe set. Had the disks turned and haven't had any issues since. Took her out for some lite wheeling and realized just how capable this beast is. I probably came home with 200lbs of mud. I have installed a cheap AM air horn since my low tone rusted out and have done hid headlights and fogs with led hi beam. Wanting to go with a 2in suspension lift/rear air delete in the future and maybe eventually I'll weld up offroad bumpers to help with entry/departure angle. This coming spring I'll be removing undercarriage surface rust and painting frame, big brake kit to come too. Also will be taking care of front wheel bearings. If you made it this far, thanks for reading and be sure to stick around as I'll be pasting everytime I pull out my tools.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181219_114611_1549421471207.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	476.3 KB
ID:	45287   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180908_164929_1549421638475.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	320.8 KB
ID:	45289   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181219_155541_1549421668097.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	294.6 KB
ID:	45291   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180908_164920_1549421734535.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	45293  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 01:06 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Welcome, sounds like you are already in the groove with your new rig.

What size tires you looking to run with your 2" lift?

2011 QX56 loaded with everything including, you guessed it, HBMC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stuffed with 285/55r22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 03:47 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Welcome on board! Thanks for joining us and showing your Armada - you're doing amazing job on it. Plenty of knowledgeable and friendly folks here as well as informative and insightful discussion threads. Have fun surfing around!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nissan Armada

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Just some 33x12.5x20 eventually I'll be getting some - offset wheels
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 09:48 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Nice intro and I love all what you have done so far. Glad you took her to play in mud. She gets really dirty in mud. Glad you could see that. She is a very capable beast.

Would love to see more posts and how your Armada changes. Please, feel free to post pictures of all you do to share with others how to do it. Well, that is if you wish to.

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Quick update, The auto level that we all seem to love so much decided to stop working on me.😡 Fuse is good swapped the relays. Still no air, put 12v to the pump and nothing. My assumption? The obvious POS compressor sucked in too much mud on my last outing. Not to mention, my rear right speed sensor also decided to die. Related? Unlikely. Still a pain in the a**? Absolutely. So looks like I'll be pulling out my tools very soon and tackling that rear air delete/ rear hub assembly's. Thinking of going with the moog 81085 coils and 4600s with Firestone 4150 air bags. However if anyone knows of a set up that will also accomplish my 2" lift input would be appreciated.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 09:41 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnight View Post
However if anyone knows of a set up that will also accomplish my 2" lift input would be appreciated.
Take some time and read my detailed thread with tons of pictures. You will get almost all of your questions answered...

Here is the thread where I did a 2' lift. You will definitely get some very useful information from it with a lot of pictures. Pictures do help. So, if you do yours and willing to share, why not also take pictures and share like others do share with pictures. It helps a lot, I am sure. That si why people will keep on coming back to this site for help.

My thread where I did a 2' lift on my 2009 Nissan Armada...

https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/9-...ar-shocks.html

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetitFrereArmada View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnight View Post
However if anyone knows of a set up that will also accomplish my 2" lift input would be appreciated.
Take some time and read my detailed thread with tons of pictures. You will get almost all of your questions answered...

Here is the thread where I did a 2' lift. You will definitely get some very useful information from it with a lot of pictures. Pictures do help. So, if you do yours and willing to share, why not also take pictures and share like others do share with pictures. It helps a lot, I am sure. That si why people will keep on coming back to this site for help.

My thread where I did a 2' lift on my 2009 Nissan Armada...

https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/9-...ar-shocks.html

I appreciate your advice, I have seen this thread and this may have to be the route I go. I really wanted to not have spacers however it does just seem more logical. I will definitely start a new thread with tons of photos (maybe even a video or two) when I get around to making it happen.
Thanks again
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

I have close to a $1400 shopping cart full of goodies for this coming spring. 81085s, 4600s, Firestone coil-rite airbags and Rancho quick lift spacers will be supporting her rear end. I will also be changing both rear hub assembly's. I also have a full brake kit with carbon pads and vented rotors. Full brake flush and caliper painting will help dress her up. I will also be installing a light bar and pod lights because it just seems appropriate. An auxiliary train horn will also help move people out of the way. A two channel dash cam will also be installed. All of this will be documented with supporting photos/videos. I will split it into separate threads and share them here. Thanks again to everyone who helped me with the rear setup. Please stick around and watch me get this beast sitting right again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode