User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

washing

What is the best way to clean the insides of my wheels wells b/c at work i saw a 05 pathfinder and it was so clean so i am jealous now and i have to make mines hat clean it looked like new . What the best soap to use on the exterior and also sponge , lets just say everything from the water nozzle to detailing the beast. What products work best?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 10:15 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

What kind of wheels?? and the finish??
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 11:39 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Cleaning my OEM wheels are a real pain in the @ss. I was thinking because they were 18", I would have no problem getting my wash rag to the inner lip. But boy was I wrong. The spokes are fat, and lip is chunky, plus the back side of spoke are sharply finished, so it doesn't feel so good against your skin.

I haven't cleaned the inside since maybe it's 3d bath 2 years ago. When I used to show my Hondas, I would use a slightly watered down degreaser and spray the wheels inside and out.....then rinse, check for stubborn areas, hit those with a rag and soap, then rinse again. But I only had each Honda 2 years each, I think the degreaser is pretty hard on the finish of the wheels (silver basecoat/clearcoat).

Soap: Any specific car soap will be fine. I have no loyalty, they all work fine.
Exterior sponge: I like the mitts. I have natural lambs wool, and synthetic with a lot of nap. The synthetic one is holding up better, and I actually prefer it. I have a dedicates mitt that never touches the paint of my cars just for wheels, tires, and wheel wells.
Water nozzle: I don't use one. A steady slow heavy flow of water starting from the top to the bottom is better than a thin high pressure stream to get all the dirt and soapy water off the vehicle. Pus this method leaves less water beads, and thus less water spots for those with hard water like myself. (boooo hard water)
I use a leaf blower to dry my car off too (most of the time). This takes some time but not too much more than towel drying, and it's way more effective at getting water out of the door handles, trim, grill, window edges, and mirrors. It will leave your Armada streak free.

Tony
SOLD: 2006 LE 4x4 w/ Nav/DVD Blizzard/Sand, 2007 Regal 1900 V6 225hp boat, 1993 Toyota Camry 4cyl, 2006 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Off-Road Smoke/Graphite

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 03:25 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

^^^^like what he said..18" stocker real hard to clean your hand would not even fit inside because of the rotors..see if you can get a wheel brush something that looks like a toothbrush..

as far as soap DO NOT BUY simonez they are the wackest soap in market..
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 03:37 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

He said wheel WELLS, not just the wheels... For the wells just use whatever you are washing the truck with, but USE A SEPERATE BRUSH/RAG!!! When you are all finished drying everything use a product like meguires detail spray or similar product on the wells as well. IT will make the future cleanings much easier as stuff will just fall off.

good luck, its not fun.

2008- LE 4x2-Red Brawn

Air Box mod, window tint, window visors (Had to list something as a MOD until I can actually get to work,lol)

*Everything is always ok in the end...if it's not ok, it's not the end.

~Jason
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 10:07 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful
He said wheel WELLS, not just the wheels... For the wells just use whatever you are washing the truck with, but USE A SEPERATE BRUSH/RAG!!! When you are all finished drying everything use a product like meguires detail spray or similar product on the wells as well. IT will make the future cleanings much easier as stuff will just fall off.

good luck, its not fun.
OMFnG....I am retarded! lol I had a huge post for nothing!

Well having said that....and it's kind of in my long answer. I use a dedicated mitt. But if you really want you wheel wells to pop, they probably require little in the way of "cleaning". All you need to do is spray Armor All all up inside the wheel wells. Wipe the excess off the paint (fenders, bumpers etc)....then let it sit for an hour or so. They will look immaculate! During summer months, I do this every 2 weeks or so.

Tony
SOLD: 2006 LE 4x4 w/ Nav/DVD Blizzard/Sand, 2007 Regal 1900 V6 225hp boat, 1993 Toyota Camry 4cyl, 2006 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Off-Road Smoke/Graphite

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 11:34 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurohazard
OMFnG....I am retarded! lol I had a huge post for nothing!
LOL, not that it wasnt helpful regardless.

In reference to cleaning the "wheels", since some answered that way...I like to jack my truck up every 3 months or so and take the wheels comlpetely off and wash them inside and out. It's a PIA but they look soooooo much better afterwords. I did this on my Titan, but have only had my Mada for 2 weeks so I haven't done it...YET

2008- LE 4x2-Red Brawn

Air Box mod, window tint, window visors (Had to list something as a MOD until I can actually get to work,lol)

*Everything is always ok in the end...if it's not ok, it's not the end.

~Jason
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:45 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Rofl.............

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode