Armada hidden Self test (very interesting video)!!!!!!!!!! - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Cool Armada hidden Self test (very interesting video)!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everybody, today while surfing through the YouTube I found an interesting video clip made by a group name: (R-mada Group) where they show how our Mada can make self test for some electrical parts like wipers, fog light and head light.
This is how it works:
1. First put the ignition key in the 3rd position.
2. Then press the black button shown in the video 10 times (red arrow).
3. After that return the ignition key to the first position, then immediately return it back to 3rd position, where you will hear a horn (which means the self test will start shortly).
4. Finally enjoy the show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQXNQwnvu3M
(This is new to me - at least , but I am sure someone out there knows it before!)
Anyone know other hidden tricks like this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Armada
(The BEAST Within)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 12:22 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Yes, that is the auto active test mode for the IDPM E/R (Intelligent Power Distribution Module Engine Room) also called the USM. Its that white thing in the right rear corner under the hood inside the box that has all the fuses in it. That test just verifies that it can operate the stuff its supposed to.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem!!

08 Pro4X, Superchips Cortex Tuned, Air box mod, Backup camera with gps, Rear Axel Tube Vent mod, Bug shield, ???
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 08:56 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Seems redundant.
Cant you just turn on headlights hi beams wipers and fogs in 3 seconds yourself?
Is there anything else that this test checks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 09:58 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

This is to test the circuit drivers in the module. Yes you could turn them on, but lets say what if your headlights didn't work, You could command them on this way and it would let you know that the trouble may be somewhere else besides this module. Your headlight and wiper switch do not directly control these items, the request is first sent to the BCM and then the request is relayed over the CAN network to comand the IDPM E/R to turn on the lights, wipers, turnsignals, allow start signal, cooling fans, and so on.

08 Pro4X, Superchips Cortex Tuned, Air box mod, Backup camera with gps, Rear Axel Tube Vent mod, Bug shield, ???
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

woooooow, Cpaul you seem to know all about electrical stuff in mada.
Is there is any other hidden tricks out there?

Armada
(The BEAST Within)

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 03:20 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaul
This is to test the circuit drivers in the module. Yes you could turn them on, but lets say what if your headlights didn't work, You could command them on this way and it would let you know that the trouble may be somewhere else besides this module. Your headlight and wiper switch do not directly control these items, the request is first sent to the BCM and then the request is relayed over the CAN network to comand the IDPM E/R to turn on the lights, wipers, turnsignals, allow start signal, cooling fans, and so on.

No kidding. My Mada still thinks its in California.

Paul

2004 Silver LE 4X4 - NAV/DVD/Zoomers Exhaust/K&N/2' Timing Advance
2002 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 4dr (Forest Green)
1993 Honda CBR900RR
1990 Mustang GT (Black)
1970 Mustang Mach 1 (Silver)
2006 Rockwood 8318SS 33' 10" RV TT

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES ..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS.

2 B 1, Ask 1

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 05:21 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky35
woooooow, Cpaul you seem to know all about electrical stuff in mada.
Is there is any other hidden tricks out there?
There are a few other tricks out there, but I would have to find where I wrote them down. There is a sonar test which I posted somewhere on here, the combi-meter test which has been posted on here some where, and a a/c test which is also posted on here somewhere. Some of the tests change from year to year and I don't remember the specifics, but I generally try to write them down somewhere. I will try to find some of them when needed.

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 07:09 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

So if My fan Doesn't com on during this self-test, Should I be concerned??
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

cpaul:
I think it would be a good idea to collect them all in one thread to be a quick reference for everybody.

Kusib:
I think so

Armada
(The BEAST Within)

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 09:46 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky35
cpaul:
I think it would be a good idea to collect them all in one thread to be a quick reference for everybody.

Kusib:
I think so
Second that.. and sticky

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode