LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Garage
Cleaning Throttle Body

I ask this because the Mada is running a little rough when at idle. How do I go about doing this? How hard is it and what do I need take off to clean it? I really don't want to take it to the dealer. Any help is greatly appreciated.

James

2004 Armada SE Smoke 4x4, 2 Degree Advanced Timing, Air-Box Mod, K&N Drop In Filter, Active Tuning Grounding Kit, 6000K HID's, LED Interior and Exterior illumination, Chrome OEM Grille, Front Windows Tinted To Mach Back, V8 Emblems, LE Emblem, Big Tow Package, Prodigy Brake Controller, ScanGauge II, Microfilter, Qx56 Chrome Wheels/Steering Wheel, OEM Fog Lights, Back-Up Camera!
1976 Apache Trailer Hard-side Pop Up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 02:24 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Have you thought of adding injector cleaner? That will probably do well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Garage
Yea I did not think of that I am at 75,000 miles.

James

2004 Armada SE Smoke 4x4, 2 Degree Advanced Timing, Air-Box Mod, K&N Drop In Filter, Active Tuning Grounding Kit, 6000K HID's, LED Interior and Exterior illumination, Chrome OEM Grille, Front Windows Tinted To Mach Back, V8 Emblems, LE Emblem, Big Tow Package, Prodigy Brake Controller, ScanGauge II, Microfilter, Qx56 Chrome Wheels/Steering Wheel, OEM Fog Lights, Back-Up Camera!
1976 Apache Trailer Hard-side Pop Up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 02:32 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just take off the engine cover, take intake tube, open the throttle plate, take carb cleaner and wet the carbon buildup, let it soak for a minute or two, use a nylon bristle brush to break the carbon up, and a clean rag to wipe it clean. DO NOT use anything abrasive on the throttle body such as sandpaper or steel wool. You WILL damage it if you do. If you scuff it, it will collect carbon that much faster. Most throttle bodies have a coating to help prevent carbon buildup or corrosion. Plus you don't want silicone carbide or steel particles going through your engine. Also be sparing with the carb cleaner, or you will flood the engine.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem!!

08 Pro4X, Superchips Cortex Tuned, Air box mod, Backup camera with gps, Rear Axel Tube Vent mod, Bug shield, ???
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 03:44 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumplecat
I ask this because the Mada is running a little rough when at idle. How do I go about doing this? How hard is it and what do I need take off to clean it? I really don't want to take it to the dealer. Any help is greatly appreciated.

use seafoam

Keep it real!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode