LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
bvz
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Please Help

I just bought an Armada on saturday and I had the dealer install a new battery. Well the FOB doesn't work now so I took it back to the dealer and he wants to charge me over 100 bucks to get it reprogrammed.

I looked up the procedure for reprogramming on the how to section and went through the steps. I put the key in 6 times and then the hazards blink twice. I then put the key in and turn it to ACC, and push one of the buttons to delete the old code and generate a new code. The hazards are suppose to blink at you again at that point but nothing happens.

Anybody ever have this before? It can't be the battery in the FOB because I bought new. Anybody have any suggestions for me? Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
bvz
SHIFT_Lurker

just an FYI it is a 2005 Nissan Armada... not sure if this makes a differences for programming codes or not
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 01:46 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Welcome to CA bvz, but if you just bought it, did they give you some type of warranty? It has only been 6 days!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 02:02 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

6 days, They need to fix it, what kind of sevice is that, $100 and you just got it??

Jerry's 06 SE off road
07+ Intake, Injen CAI, JBA long tubes, Gibson Cat Back, UpRev tuned, 08 caliper kit w/ Frozen/Slotted Rotors, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Stillen 2-row/aluminum Radiator, PML pan, TransGo shift kit, 2" PRG lift, Bilstein 5100s, 20" Fuel Pump w/295/60/20 Terra Graps, 4ga. Grounding Kit, LEDs & HIDs, Kenwood DNX-9960 Alpine PDX amps, Kef separates,
(2) underseat
subs w/Kenwood 10' slims, Twin Stinger Batteries, remote start & protection by Python

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 02:11 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Bvz, post the FCC ID and Model # located in the back of the fob. I donít drive in to work so I can't post my FCC ID & model # to compare and verify that there the same, but maybe some here can help out with the info, if not when I get home Iíll check my fob. A while back I purchased one on CL and could not program it, after further research it was a fob for a Sentra even dough it look like the mada fob.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
bvz
SHIFT_Lurker

FCC ID:KBRASTU15
MODEL NO:ASTU15

Thanks for all the help so far... I will call them and do some negotiating (aka b!tchin) and see if we can work something out if nobody on here knows what the deal is. The only drawback is that the dealership I bought from is 150 miles away. The $100 fee was from the local nissan dealership so I am sure that the dealership I bought from will cover it. Maybe they can just pay the money to have the local dealership fix it... hmmm... I would rather just do the quick fix myself but if it is not working then I will have to pursue different options.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 03:13 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Your possible sollution scenario seems appropriate between your purchase dealer and your local Nissan Service Department.

There is no quick fix if it needs to be reprogrammed.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 03:14 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvz View Post
I just bought an Armada on saturday and I had the dealer install a new battery. ...
That's just wrong. I'd have the seller fix it for FREE to me.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 01:07 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvz View Post
FCC ID:KBRASTU15
MODEL NO:ASTU15
Bvz - that's the same fob i have. Also provide more detail with what the fob is or is not doing example car worn start , fob won't unlock doors, fob won't look door etc....
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
bvz
SHIFT_Lurker

The key will start the ignition just fine but the buttons on the remote will not work at all. I go through the steps to program it and the lights flash after putting the key in and out 6 times but then it tells you to put the key in, turn it to ACC, and push any button and the lights should flash again, but they are not. So I hit a dead end at that point and obviously none of the buttons work yet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode