How to clean a black Mada.. - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How to clean a black Mada..

Well I hand washed my Mada today... what a pain!! Before I even finished rear of the vehicle the front was covered with water spots.. I gotta figure out the trick to wash this Black beast and keep it looking nice, it's much more of a challenge than I thought.. Maybe i'll try a chamois next time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 05:15 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

try Meguire's Ultimate Quick Detailer, it'll take all the water spots off.

Jerry's 06 SE off road
07+ Intake, Injen CAI, JBA long tubes, Gibson Cat Back, UpRev tuned, 08 caliper kit w/ Frozen/Slotted Rotors, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Stillen 2-row/aluminum Radiator, PML pan, TransGo shift kit, 2" PRG lift, Bilstein 5100s, 20" Fuel Pump w/295/60/20 Terra Graps, 4ga. Grounding Kit, LEDs & HIDs, Kenwood DNX-9960 Alpine PDX amps, Kef separates,
(2) underseat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
subs w/Kenwood 10' slims, Twin Stinger Batteries, remote start & protection by Python

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 06:29 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Send a message via AIM to rockendoublez
i use the mr. clean water filter.

I do a full rinse with regular water, then rinse with the filter on, it usually comes out spotless.

Don't forget to claybar and/or wax q=)

Rockendoublez - Mike
08 Black SE, Kenwood Audio System:
KOSV1000 (carportal)/ KOSL702 (touchscreen) / KNAG510 (Navi) /KCABT200 (BlueTooth), AutoPage GPS / Remote Start, JL Audio Amps/Components/Subs, Eiger Vision HD 10.7" flipdown monitor, E&G Classics Custom Grille, 7" passenger visor monitor, FRONT and Rear night vision cameras

-
09 Honda Fit Sport w/Navi
06 Acura TL
95 Acura Integra RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 09:22 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Washing in the shade will help. Also washing one section at a time is a good trick. I do the roof, then dry the roof. Then I do the side windows/rear window/windshield, then dry the glass. Then I do the hood, then dry it. Then I wash one side at a time below the glass to include fender, doors, and 1/4 panel, then dry.......You get the picture....

I don't spray the whole car, I just use water straight out of the hose confined to the area I am working on. The water is very hard (full of minerals that leave major water stains) in my are.

I used Mr. Clean's system, and the truth is...it does work. You just have to be liberal with application. I just didn't like the feeling of the paint after it dried....it seems to strip the wax. (which could be why rockendoublez say to clay and wax too)

Tony
SOLD: 2006 LE 4x4 w/ Nav/DVD Blizzard/Sand, 2007 Regal 1900 V6 225hp boat, 1993 Toyota Camry 4cyl, 2006 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Off-Road Smoke/Graphite

Last edited by eurohazard; 02-28-2009 at 02:29 AM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 01:11 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

I have galaxy black and keep a bottle of that turtle wax ice in the front door
well. Gets rid of water spots and maintains the look afer washing.
Dont regard it as a wax though.

"My wife handed me the .380 and I very reluctantly gave him a flat tire"
- Pops

"After vaste amounts of research and acquired data into the Researcherator, here are the results!"

- BlakSpyda
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 09:28 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurohazard View Post
Washing in the shade will help. Also washing one section at a time is a good trick. I do the roof, then dry the roof. Then I do the side windows/rear window/windshield, then dry the glass. Then I do the hood, then dry it. Then I wash one side at a time below the glass to include fender, doors, and 1/4 panel, then dry.......You get the picture....

I don't spray the whole car, I just use water straight out of the hose confined to the area I am working on. The water is very hard (full of minerals that leave major water stains) in my are.

I used Mr. Clean's system, and the truth is...it does work. You just have to be liberal with application. I just didn't like the feeling of the paint after it dried....it seems to strip the wax. (which could be why rockendoublez say to clay and wax too)
I do exactly as you do, work from the top down to the bottom in sections, generally in the shade if I can.The mr. clean is a pain in the butt because you are literally painting the car with a small stream of water. The filter does work though and removes any contaminants in the water that usually leaves spots or pits in your finish. You just have to take your time.

I use the clay and wax to make sure that the elements (dust, road grime etc) stay out of my finish. The clay is to remove any imperfections in the clear, it really does feel like glass after your done. And the wax is to seal it all in keeping the shine.

I suppose my process isn't the fastest, But i've detailed all my cars this way and have been able to keep a showroom shine on stock paint for over 10 years on a few of my cars. q=)

Rockendoublez - Mike
KOSV1000 (carportal)/ KOSL702 (touchscreen) / KNAG510 (Navi) /KCABT200 (BlueTooth), AutoPage GPS / Remote Start, JL Audio Amps/Components/Subs, Eiger Vision HD 10.7" flipdown monitor, E&G Classics Custom Grille, 7" passenger visor monitor, FRONT and Rear night vision cameras

-
06 Acura TL
95 Acura Integra RIP
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

I must confess I usually wash my car at night. It is the only time I have the kids in bed and I have some "me" time. I prefer to do it during the day but a man has to do what a man has to do. Yes - some of my neighbors think I am nuts but I have a pretty well lit driveway. I also put a hot water line in my garage for year round use....but that is another story.

In any case, night or day, the best thing I have found is the Absorber cloths they sell at Walmart or any other auto store. For 10 bucks they come in a neat plastic case that can be easily stored in the map pockets. Simply wipe down the wet car and there will be no more spots. During the day the car will dry quicker - the damp Absorber will help remove any spots that show up. I LOVE IT!

Another great tip is using Zaino to polish your car. I treat both my cars to Zaino at least twice per year. Each Spring you want to hit it with a clay bar treatment to get rid of all the Winter crud and contaminants. Then apply at least 3 light coats of Zaino. It will look great!!! If I could only find a way to keep the non-ending dust off.

BOSTONBOB

2005 LE with DVD & Tech. 20 inch MC2ning N2 Chrome wheels (dealer installed), 3A Racing Chrome Exhaust tip, 3M Clear Bra, Burton's custom painted spoiler, Protected by Zaino (the best car polish I have found)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 01:36 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Nighttime, shade, whatever. It's all about not being in the sun.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 01:46 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

I had the absorber.... till I got a "sham-wow" it'll make you say WoW every time! LOL.

seriously, it works q=D

Rockendoublez - Mike

-
06 Acura TL
95 Acura Integra RIP
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 01:57 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I use a pressure washer, just stand back a little further. As far as the Sham wow thing, I have one and either it is horrible or I am using it wrong, to me it stinks.

Chris

2008 Armada SE, Drivers Pkg, Smoke, Airbox Mod with K&N filter, R1 Concepts Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Posi Ceramics pads. 2 degree advance
2013 Altima 2.5S
2006 Equinox
1998 Altima
1998 Frontier

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode