How do I remove the door paneling and or pillar, and kick plate paneling? - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How do I remove the door paneling and or pillar, and kick plate paneling?

I know this is a question that requires a long draw out answer, but that's exactly what I need if someone would be kind enough to help me out. I just received my illuminated QX56 chrome door sills and would like to try and install them myself. Does anyone know of a website that would provide pictures and instructions how to remove the door paneling and or pillar, and kick plate paneling? I would settle for just the instructions but pictures would be sooo much better lol. I'm sure I can figure it out by myself but I would rather have help so I don't damage my QX thru trial n error.
Also, can anyone suggest where I can tap into a wire for the "continuous power supply" and also a ground wire? I have no clue what colored wire goes to what function. That's why pictures would be awesome

If you have an armada, please advise as well, we all know they are the same. I have a few mods and additions to my QX and I will be sure to post pics after this mod here for sure.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 01:50 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Garage
Posting one thread is enough. - lol

You'll need to lift and popoff part #'s.... 80940, 80941,.... 80944P, 80945N,.... 80682, 80682M.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/armada-...1197_1208.html

Once you get those off, remove all the screws that are hidden under them. 80682 and 80682M will expose a second hidden screw that also need to be removed.

That should be about a total of 6 screws, I think. Then the entire door just pulls straight off. You might wanna have a step stool underneath it to set it down on without stressing the wires.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Thanks "Pops". This looks helpful. Yah and my bad about the multiple post, but you gotta understand the confusion, you've got so many categories on here lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 05:17 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thanks "Pops". This looks helpful. Yah and my bad about the multiple post, but you gotta understand the confusion, you've got so many categories on here lol.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 05:17 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Hey pops, I recently had to take my driver's door panel off to fix one of my speaker wires. There is a spring for the door handle on the backside. I tried to put it back in but everytime it pops out. You know any tricks with this?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 05:21 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Garage
No idea..... Have you tried reversing it so the spring's hooks grab from the opposite direction??

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 05:50 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

I'll try that, I was just thinking that something else popped off that held in the spring when I initally opened it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode