Removing Inside Door Panels - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
FP
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Removing Inside Door Panels

Did a search but didn't find the answer. Is there a how to, or any advice on removing the inside door panels?

FP

My Gallery
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2004 Armada LE, Leather, Technology pkg, NAV, DVD, Billet Grill, 20" Chrome OEM Platinum Wheels, QX56 Wood Finish Panel, Door Pulls, Door handles, Center Console Lid, and Instrument cluster cover, Chrome Tow Hooks, 2 Timing Advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 12:29 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Garage
It's pretty easy. You just popoff the armrest, the screw cover behind the pull handle, the long cover on the handle, and I think that's it. Remove the 4 (I think) screws and just carefully pull it off. You can pickup a few extra plastic pop rivets just in case if you want but i didn't damage any when I pulled both of my doors off.

You'll also want to have a step stool or a bucket handy to set it down on once it's off so that the step stool can support it while you disconnect the electrical harnesses.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/armada-...1197_1208.html

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

Last edited by Pops; 11-06-2009 at 12:31 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 01:53 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

There are actually 5 screws that you need to remove. 2 behind the cover piece on the door handle. 1 under the arm rest, to get to it you just pull up real hard on the armrest, it has 3 fasteners on the back side. Then remove the small square cover piece under your door handle. Remove that screw, then pop off the other cover piece under the door handle and you will see the final screw. Then grab the door at the bottom and pull. You then need to unplug your various switches and you are good to go. I have taken mine off probably 5 times in the last two weeks while working on my mirror upgrade. Will take you roughly 5 minutes to remove the first time. Very easy to do.

2005 Armada LE Galaxy, NAV, DVD, Bug Guard, Sunroof Visor, Chrome door Sills.Toyo Open Country A/T 305-55-20,Panther Realm Wheels 20",Gibson SS Sidewept Exhaust,Active Tuning Ground Kit "Blue",Volant CAI Gen3,HID Conversion Kit 6000K,2006 OEM power fold mirrors with blinker,V-Led leds,Chrome Tailgate Handle,SES Trims Chrome Mesh Grill,PRG Mini-Lift Front and Back, PRG Bilstein Struts, Front, Odyssey 1700MJT Battery,Burtman Spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
FP
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the help my friends. It wasn't hard after reading your instructions. It took me about 10 minutes per door. I replaced my door handle assemblies with the QX56 champaign color ones, and the wood trim door pulls too, to match my QX center finish panel.

Patience pays off waiting for the parts to become available at the right price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QX 56 Handle2.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	8142   Click image for larger version

Name:	mix 003.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	8143  

FP

My Gallery
2004 Armada LE, Leather, Technology pkg, NAV, DVD, Billet Grill, 20" Chrome OEM Platinum Wheels, QX56 Wood Finish Panel, Door Pulls, Door handles, Center Console Lid, and Instrument cluster cover, Chrome Tow Hooks, 2 Timing Advance.

Last edited by FP; 11-06-2009 at 11:33 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 11:59 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Anyone selling those door trim pieces in silver? I don't like the wood grain...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode