power hook up and center console removal - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

power hook up and center console removal

Can someone help me please i have a 08 Armada, and i just bought two aftermarket dvd headrest, right now they are powered using 12v car adapter, i want to make it permanent. My question is can i tap both headrest on the same wire for the car lighter adapter on the center console? if so, can i just remove the compartment so i can get access to the wire and hide the restof the wire? any suggestions or instructions will be deeply appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 01:07 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

In my opinion, you can. I installed the Myron and Davis DVD system in the 2nd row center console. I am drawing power from the 12v power within the front center console outlet that you referred to. I've had no problems. Just snake the wires through your seats and then into the console from the bottom (next to the seats). It's easy to tap into the 12v power after you remove the storage bin. You only need to run the positive wires to the console 12v if you can ground the headrest monitor negative wires to seat bolts.

================================================== ================================================== =
2007 Armada: S&B CAI, Gibson Exhaust, M&D DVD system, 4 Channel/Camera Video DVR with dual monitors, 2 degree timing
advance (Bullydog), Uniden BCT-8 Scanner, Soundgate AUX audio switch, Cobra 29 WX NW BT cb radio, Bazooka 10" powered sub.
Burtman Industries (chrome): Generic grill, tailgate latch, rear door handles, fog light inserts, door panel strips, tail light frames
Hornblasters.com: Shocker S4 Kit with Viair 20007 200 PSI and Air Zenith 220 psi digital air gauge
Bullydog TripleDog
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

thanks for your input

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode