2008 SE Hardware or Aux Myron & Davis DVD - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

2008 SE Hardware or Aux Myron & Davis DVD

I'll soon be getting a 2008 Armada SE and I can't wait. However, what I'll be getting does not have a DVD player, but does have a rear camera and the Bose system. Since I'll need some kind of entertainment in the back, I've been looking at DVD options and have decided to install the "MYRON & DAVIS Ans 185 Package" offered by Tech12Volts myself. I'll be getting the DVD center console insert and brackets suggested by Pops and hopefully I'll be able to make the right connection with a bit more help/reading.

My question is can I hardware the 2008 model with an aftermarket DVD player as I haven't come across a definitive answer? Also, I can't tell if it is pre-wired as suggested by llajumpvid until I get the vehicle. I really don't want to go with the FM Mod and my next option would be to use the Aux, but what would I be loosing if I do that? I really want to be able to continue to use the rear controls.

I can't think of a time when I need to listen to the radio/CD using the front speakers while those in the back want something different coming out of the rear speakers. In a case like that, those in the back would use headphones and I would just turn off the rear speakers.

Thanks

Last edited by twodaend; 08-06-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 12:45 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

There was some change in 08. I dont think you can hardwire like the previous model but you can wire into the aux input.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 02:03 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

good luck with that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

I'm going to do so more reading and figure out how to tap into the Aux port, hopefully by finding some step-by-step instructions. By taping into the front Aux, will I still be able to use the front Aux port for things such as an iPod. I'm going to check how much a factory install DVD would be vs. an aftermarket Myron & Davis package self install.

I think my only concern would be what functions would I loos by going aftermarket vs. factory.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode