How to reset the TPMS - Page 4 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2016, 06:30 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
My guess is you probably have a bad sensor in one of the wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2016, 11:58 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover4 View Post
My guess is you probably have a bad sensor in one of the wheels.
How will I know which one is bad. To replace all of them?
Old 11-18-2016, 01:26 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
How about a 2005?

Would it be the same for a 2005??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2016, 09:05 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Garage
Recently relied on this thread to reset TPMS. Just wanted to add that, when starting the reset process, my light blinked pretty quickly, making me think I was doing it wrong. However, I went through with instructions and light was reset.

Thanks for this info!

2013 Armada Platinum Reserve

2017 Chevy SS

2011 A5 Cab/quattro
Old 10-16-2017, 02:50 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

3 of 4 TPMS sensors on my Armada are dead at 200K, and I have no idea which tire is still reading out.

Rather than continue to rebuild the semi-useless factory system, I bought a TPMS system from Amazon ($60) and it works great. It only takes a few minutes to install, it works by replacing the valve stem caps with ones that integrate wireless pressure sensors, plus a cigarette lighter gauge.

It has audible warnings that are programmable and it reads pressures by tire position. Readings match my tire pressures exactly, plus I can see the psi changes in real time as outside air temperature changes, etc. There is also an internal high air temperature warning. Very happy with it.

Photos...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG950287_04.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	330.5 KB
ID:	41898   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG950280_01.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	41906  

2005 Armada LE 207K miles,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, rear cats deleted and replaced with 2 x Vibrant 1792 resonators, Magnaflow 22", stock pipes, dual tips, home made K&N RU-3270 intake,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with 6000K 75W HIDs,
, 36W LED projector fogs, LEDs all around,
, 400W rear amp + Bose 161s in back,
, 'Armada' emblem wrap for the hamburger,
for interior exhaust fans and continuous battery charging.

Last edited by SGreenlyn; 10-16-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:45 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I don't see the white wire under my 2nd Gen Armada (2018 Platinum Reserve) there seems to be a white plug that is mounted near the OBD port but it has multiple wires and pins on it. Would just disconnecting the battery do the reset? Does anyone with a newer Armada have a procedure for the TPMS reset that works?
Old 01-29-2019, 01:27 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

I just tried to reset the battery and it looks like it got the TPMS light to flash but it did not work for me. When it went solid I still did not get any pressures displayed on my display. I checked the tire pressures afterwards and they were up a bit, but that is probably due to the tires warming up. How close do the pressures have to be to the ones posted? I probably will try it again but on a warmer day. Its freezing today here and I don't feel like freezing my fingers again today.

Last edited by Shodan; 01-29-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:05 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
I just tried to reset the battery and it looks like it got the TPMS light to flash but it did not work for me. When it went solid I still did not get any pressures displayed on my display. I checked the tire pressures afterwards and they were up a bit, but that is probably dude to the tires warming up. How close do the pressures have to be to the ones posted? I probably will try it again but on a warmer day. Its freezing today here and I don't feel like freezing my fingers again today.
Were you driving when you checked to see if the pressures were displaying? You won't see anything but ** if you haven't been moving for a mile or so (perhaps longer if it's really cold outside).
marctronixx likes this.

- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
Old 01-29-2019, 03:39 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfamily View Post
Were you driving when you checked to see if the pressures were displaying? You won't see anything but ** if you haven't been moving for a mile or so (perhaps longer if it's really cold outside).
Yeah I went for a drive, the light was initially flashing and then went solid. Thats when I checked the pressures and they all showed blanks.

The dealer where I bought the car has now told me that they would program my TPMS sensors for free for the winter tires so I think I'll take them up on the offer.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:20 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfamily View Post
Yeah I went for a drive, the light was initially flashing and then went solid. Thats when I checked the pressures and they all showed blanks.

The dealer where I bought the car has now told me that they would program my TPMS sensors for free for the winter tires so I think I'll take them up on the offer.
Could anyone help me to locate the TPMS connector for the QX80/2nd gen Amarda? My parents has a 2017 QX80, the light came on after they switched oem wheels from 22” to 20”. I do see a connector next to OBD but it has 5 wires connected